2013 navigation problems......

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone tried undoing the battery to see if it resets the nav back correctly after changing tires?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
The ford my touch in our edge is slow at times. Just press the button then wait 5 or so seconds. I know it's not how it should be but it is what it is.

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

SoGrand

Reaction score
There is a way to do a master reset on the head unit. Let me get out to my truck and i will get back on here and let you know how to do it as i had to do mine twice as it was not syncing to my iPhone.

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Since the radios are sent down the line not really knowing what they will be installed into gear wise Im hoping that master reset your mentioning or disconnecting the battery will make it relearn the current setup for the folks that went larger tires.

gfulton

Reaction score
I'm new here (just been a lurker) but I know something about this subject. GPS units are not affected by tire size. Why can you plug a Garmin into a cig lighter and go. No calibration or anything.........

crowz

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stand alone gps units are completely uneffeced by tire size but some in dash stereo/nav units will record pulses from the abs or speed sensors and then use them when gps isnt available. Pioneer for one can do this. So Im wondering if the factory nav is doing the same thing thus clearing it by removing power from it might fix the problem their having.

Latest posts

Members online