2014 6.7 powerstroke making 601rwhp

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
thanks for the honest response, so you're kind of counting on the turbo not to spool up in time to make enough power to hurt the factory rods down low then I'm guessing?

that seems more like a limitation of the factory motor rather than the VGT's fault, I would think it could easily be tuned around, but at that point you are leaving power on the table, do you believe Forged rods would pretty much eliminate that concern?
Yes but non vgt kits really don't spool all that worse than vgt imo for driving wise when you go wot they do have more lag than vgt but not that much more

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The 64.5/68/.90 spools great not stock but pretty damn close. Power comes on very smooth.

I tested both the 363 and the 364.5 , I LOVE the way the 363 drove on stock fuel. so snappy . I loved the way it drove on dual fuelers as well , but the 64.5 seems to have a bit more mid and top end, I wanna say the spoolup was 50-100 rpm higher, but not very noticeable. tuning is a key once you split hairs like that.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
What about GFultons truck? He is running a VGT setup with dual fuelers and 40% nozzles... He seems to make a good amount of power and hold together.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
Personally I look at things the same way as Morgan, as long as back pressure and tuning is taken care of I think a vgt kit is no worse than a non vgt. But I would most definitely run a gate to make sure it stays in check. Just my .02 but what do I know

But on the same note, they both have their place and the way the power comes on in these trucks the non vgts still spool really well.

Last edited:

peont

Reaction score
Craig@MFI what is the difference in spool up and horsepower numbers between the S365, S367, S371, and S467 turbos on a truck with dual fuelers? Also can the stock transmission hold up to the S467 turbo setup?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Craig@MFI what is the difference in spool up and horsepower numbers between the S365, S367, S371, and S467 turbos on a truck with dual fuelers? Also can the stock transmission hold up to the S467 turbo setup?
As far as numbers 365 will do 600 and 367 will do 649 and we haven't had a 467 on a dyno but yes they do hold on stock trans as of now

peont

Reaction score
Craig how big of a difference is the spool up from the S365 all the way to the S467 turbo? The reason I am wondering all this is because I want to change my turbo out but the truck is my daily driver and I do tow a 36 foot gooseneck. So I want something that has good street manners while making good power but still being able to tow good.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Craig how big of a difference is the spool up from the S365 all the way to the S467 turbo? The reason I am wondering all this is because I want to change my turbo out but the truck is my daily driver and I do tow a 36 foot gooseneck. So I want something that has good street manners while making good power but still being able to tow good.
We have been able to tow with every turbo we have tried even the 467 and honestly they spool fairly the same

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Dallas' track times put him over 700 with the s467.7 and dual fuelers. Not sure how much the he's NOT losing due to his tranny and how comparable a stock trans truck would be.

Dallas@SunCoast

Reaction score
My '14 has 30k miles on it and has had twin pumps since it had 2k miles... I beat the dog**** out of my truck.... stock turbo twin pumps made 541HP, then threw an Industrial "Add a Turbo" kit on it (which I may add was a death sentence according to 90% of people out there) drove it and towed @ 665HP for about 5k miles, then put in my order for the MPD S467 kit. I haven't made it back to the same dyno, but my track times put me north of 700HP as previously stated by other members. Ive had the kit on for almost 5k miles now... I haven't had not one hiccup out of any of my setups. Im probably the luckiest SOB out there but you can take that for what its worth. I will say, when I pulled my trans to build it, the E clutches were burned... with no codes, no limp mode, and no noticeable shift problems... also take that for what its worth..

That being said.... I KNOW my rods are on borrowed time lol I will not argue that. Im pushing this bastard as far as I can while waiting on my built engine to be completed. I will attest that tuning plays a huge role in things along with being a knowledgeable, responsible owner. There are certain driving habits that Ive learned are detrimental to stock rods... just bc you can make 15lbs of boost @ 1700 rpm with an S4 doesn't mean you should whale on it down there... rods are sensitive to that **** lol as fun as it may be.. That's my .02.

RedRice589

Reaction score
My '14 has 30k miles on it and has had twin pumps since it had 2k miles... I beat the dog**** out of my truck.... stock turbo twin pumps made 541HP, then threw an Industrial "Add a Turbo" kit on it (which I may add was a death sentence according to 90% of people out there) drove it and towed @ 665HP for about 5k miles, then put in my order for the MPD S467 kit. I haven't made it back to the same dyno, but my track times put me north of 700HP as previously stated by other members. Ive had the kit on for almost 5k miles now... I haven't had not one hiccup out of any of my setups. Im probably the luckiest SOB out there but you can take that for what its worth. I will say, when I pulled my trans to build it, the E clutches were burned... with no codes, no limp mode, and no noticeable shift problems... also take that for what its worth..

That being said.... I KNOW my rods are on borrowed time lol I will not argue that. Im pushing this bastard as far as I can while waiting on my built engine to be completed. I will attest that tuning plays a huge role in things along with being a knowledgeable, responsible owner. There are certain driving habits that Ive learned are detrimental to stock rods... just bc you can make 15lbs of boost @ 1700 rpm with an S4 doesn't mean you should whale on it down there... rods are sensitive to that **** lol as fun as it may be.. That's my .02.

Heyyy!!!! Bout time I've seen you around here.......

This guy rocks^^cant wait to hear how it runs with the built engine.

He's questionable company...... Somebody told me he likes Russian mail order brides.....
^^ stock turbo at 541hp yikes.

Lol he had a boV as well. Pulled them and no shaft play.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Heyyy!!!! Bout time I've seen you around here.......

He's questionable company...... Somebody told me he likes Russian mail order brides.....

Lol he had a boV as well. Pulled them and no shaft play.
I thought is was Chinese mail brides?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Im just going to add my .02 here, not that it matters usually but here goes.

Im running a 64mm VGT and I am happy with the results so far, it spools nice, power is smooth and not brutal on the bottom end the way its tuned.
The truck made 559 corrected at 6000 feet, i know that uncorrected and with the amount of fuel availble at sea level thats realistically like 525 or so but the tracks are closed so i cant back it up right now. (1330 us)

I think one thing alot of people are overlooking on the turbo swaps is the tuning. There is way more to the turbo swap to make the vane control work correctly than just swapping it in. I have it tuned right now at 30 psi and 46 psi of back pressure and still working on that as i think there might be a little more in that. anyway I was expecting that to be worse but i learned alot with the tuning that I dont really feel anyone else is really doing so i think even tho the vanes are saying 2% they physically arent going that far. Again i need to do some more testing to verify this but overall im impressed with my set up.

I obviously chose the VGT because i tow alot and i live at 6000 feet. I realize that this is not the choice for everyone so i wont knock anyone that goes with with a NON vgt as they probably spool very well. Tadds personal truck with a 64mm Precision spools awesome and made a good bit more power than i did (50hp same dyno same day).

Personally to the OP i think if you plan to tow 18k that your better off with the VGT but thats just me.

Latest posts

Members online