2014 H&S Tune Drivability ?

GTR

Reaction score
I have a 2014 6.7 and after installing a H&S DPF Delete Tune and 35's, I noticed that the transmission has some "touchy" spots. It's mostly in 1st and 2nd when going slow thru a parking lot or turning on a street. When I let off the pedal and then back on, it seems "jumpy". It feels like I'm giving it more pedal than I really am. I have played with the different tunes loaded in my XRT Pro and also turned the trans tune on and off, and it feels the same. I had a 2010 6.4 with a H&S tune and it drove perfect. Has anybody experienced this? Will a custom tune smooth this out?

zporta

Reaction score
Give it time, it will learn your driving style over time and smooth out

dsmracing1

Reaction score
That seems to be a trait with the H&S tuning though as I discovered with my 14. I noticed there isn't a very smooth transition at low speeds through parking lots etc and it tends to go from a dead idle to about 1200 rpm and wanting to take off. My Gearhead tuning eliminated that problem for me..

Biggpigg4x4

Reaction score
That seems to be a trait with the H&S tuning though as I discovered with my 14. I noticed there isn't a very smooth transition at low speeds through parking lots etc and it tends to go from a dead idle to about 1200 rpm and wanting to take off. My Gearhead tuning eliminated that problem for me..

×2 for gearhead eliminating the issue for my 14

Dblaked

Reaction score

I have a '14 also and had been wondering if it was just my truck. It's annoying as hell "romping" through a parking lot. Unfortunately mine does it on H&S and gearhead tunes as well.

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Same story. Go Gearhead and that solves most all the issues. I still have a some minor shifting issues on my '13, but only when cold. Night and day difference with Gearhead.

Latest posts

Members online