2015 Diesel Power Challenge...whose entering

Frank_C

Reaction score
Me likey... Why the Vband exhaust housing over a divided t4?
It's dimensionally smaller and should retain heat better than cast iron. According to my jet engine engineer buddies it should be more efficient as well.

not to be a downer but either bring spray to light it or go smaller, just saying.
A small shot would not be a bad idea. Though the exhaust housing is really tight (.85 a/r). And then we plan on using a shaft speed sensor to dial in the wastegate so we don't overspeed the turbo.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It's dimensionally smaller and should retain heat better than cast iron. According to my jet engine engineer buddies it should be more efficient as well.

A small shot would not be a bad idea. Though the exhaust housing is really tight (.85 a/r). And then we plan on using a shaft speed sensor to dial in the wastegate so we don't overspeed the turbo.

Smaller packaging and tight housing.. Sounds sweet, you should get a build thread going.

NathannialD

Reaction score

smaller will help but the gt 42 does have a big turbine wheel, im not telling you it wont work or anything. From all the different turbos we have run here if its a hot day at the track its going to be a challenge to get it going especially in a timely manner. also dont forget about going up and over the pass.

Latest posts

Members online