2015 egr ****** help

mfoltz

Reaction score
Does anyone have a write up on the 2015 and up powerstroke for egr ******? I plan on doing mine this weekend but I can't find anything on the 15. I see all the bolts I need to remove and where to put the block plates but I don't understand what to do with all the collant lines and which ones to conect or remove.

sole

Reaction score
Sinister diesel has a pretty good right up on there web site. Idk how different my 13 is from yours but mine was ok todo with a buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mfoltz

Reaction score
I got the no limit kit. Yea I been looking at the sinister instructions. It look a little different though compared to the 15. I'm going to study it some more tonight while looking at the truck so I can try and figure out what all the lines and parts are. I also got a intake which is easy to put on and a 5 inch straight pipe. Another question I have is I know you load the tune first before you take everything off. After that do you unplug the exhaust sensors and egr and start the truck up after you loaded the tune to make sure theirs no codes?

mfoltz

Reaction score
I thought about having a shop do the egr but I'm not a fan of other people working on my truck. I have had bad experience with shops around my area so I hope I can do it myself. I just have to understand which lines to connect to what. I been spraying the manifold bolts and the truck only has 9500 miles so I don't think I'll have a problem with the bolts. By the way anyone thinking about going with no limit fabrication do it everything looks great I couldn't be happier. Just can't wait to get everything on.

Notneb

Reaction score
Honestly it's pretty much the same on a '15 as a 11-14. If you have any mechanical know-how it's very straight forward. Just put PB Blaster on all the bolts securing the EGR to the head, and you shouldn't have an issue. I will say that an assistant with small hands, and a couple of 3/8's swivels and extensions will make the back two bolts much easier to remove.

Also make sure you drain your coolant first, then after you remove the EGR, the coolant line part will be much clearer. I followed H&S EGR guide, no issues at all.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks guys for the quick replies. I'll download the h&s instruction and take a look at them.

Notneb

Reaction score
If you run into any snags feel free to PM me, I've got nothing going on today :p

uga33

Reaction score
The only difference between the two kits will be the coolant tube you replace with the one Mike will send and the location of the ECT2 sensor. Other than that, easy money.

mfoltz

Reaction score
It's starting to make more sence. When. I get home I'm going to take some pics and post them and make sure I'm understanding it and see which line I'm replacing with the one mike sent me.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
It's starting to make more sence. When. I get home I'm going to take some pics and post them and make sure I'm understanding it and see which line I'm replacing with the one mike sent me.

the only thing different is the routing for the molded coolant line. the last page of the instructions shows exactly how it routes.

mfoltz

Reaction score
If you run into any snags feel free to PM me, I've got nothing going on today :p

Thanks I might do that but it won't be tonight I don't have my turner yet. So is this the line that I use the line mike sent me? And I use the barb to connect the 2 lines in blue. What happens with these lines in red.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Here's a pic but I don't have it marked. The line I replace with mikes is the silver Lin that comes from the top of radiator over tank and hoes to the bottom of radiotor? And what about the to big lines that are on top of the egr with the quick conects?

Attachments

• 20160308_173657.jpg
    20160308_173657.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Members online