2015 F450 throwing injector codes and clattering

samsquatch47

Reaction score
As above I have a 2015 F450 with 62,900 miles on it. Just over warranty of course. It's been d**ted since new and until now has been problem free and an amazing truck. Just yesterday on the first start of the day I noticed right a way it sounded different. More 7.3 ish with a very audible clatter at idle. After about and hour of driving it threw codes P02DA and P02CE which are cylinder #2 and 8 "fuel injector offset learning at minimum limit." I'm assuming this means the injectors are gone bad?
Anyone else had 15' injector issues and is there another problem that could be causing the injectors to act up all of a sudden? Or is it that they've reached their lifespan and should be replaced? Just don't want to start throwing injectors at it and wreck new ones if there could be another fuel system problem causing them to fail.
Thanks so much.
Oh and I always change the fuel filters at the required times and have always run Shell Rotella synthetic oil.
Thanks
Dustin
e8d867d1ad3b71e805ece62ba0ebf3f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Clean truck! How is it out of warranty? F450's have a crappier warranty? Or are you referring to the fact it's d3leted?

Jomax

Reaction score
Clean truck! How is it out of warranty? F450's have a crappier warranty? Or are you referring to the fact it's d3leted?

Power train warranty is only till 60k. Unless you got aftermarket warranty.

Notneb

Reaction score
Guess I just always get a 100k warranty or I don't buy new... Another reason I go shopping in Nov.. dealers are willing to shell out warranties...

At least injectors isn't that expensive, and it's an excuse to go bigger...

samsquatch47

Reaction score
Yes only have warranty till 60. Is there a disadvantage to go with bigger injectors? I do notice the egt's get pretty high on wide open pulls on the 150hp tune. At what Hp do you guys recommend upping injectors? Does it change mpg? Haven't ever played with injectors yet.

samsquatch47

Reaction score

Thx man! I love it! Classy and it'll tow the A$$hole out of an elephant!

Notneb

Reaction score
Yes only have warranty till 60. Is there a disadvantage to go with bigger injectors? I do notice the egt's get pretty high on wide open pulls on the 150hp tune. At what Hp do you guys recommend upping injectors? Does it change mpg? Haven't ever played with injectors yet.

Honestly you should contact Morgan@MidwestDiesel on here, because it's honestly going to depend on your plans with the truck.

I've always wanted a reason to get a 450, meanest looking dually on the road IMO!

samsquatch47

Reaction score
I'm actually from Alberta Canada. Our warranty up here on the engine is only up to 100,000 kms.
Divide by 1.6 gives you miles. I wish I had engine warranty until 100,000 miles! Lol

cappa

Reaction score
I'm actually from Alberta Canada. Our warranty up here on the engine is only up to 100,000 kms.
Divide by 1.6 gives you miles. I wish I had engine warranty until 100,000 miles! Lol

You might want to check with your dealer on that one. I am also from Alberta Canada and my 2015 powerstroke as well as my 04 that I had way back when have both had engine and powertrain warranty to 160000kms or 100000 miles.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Every truck from non commercial f350-f250 6.7L has a 100,000 mile warranty on the engine only.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think he should load up a race tune and go hammer it a few times. Its bad, bad advice but I think he should.

Me personally, Id be sending those injectors out to be tested and if they are bad, replace them.

FordTechChase

Reaction score
There is a newer tsb that Ford has out to address this issue. We run the engine at an elevated idle to warm it up then go in and perform a manual power balance. If the noise goes away reset the fuel system tables, Min. Fuel Mass Adaptation, and the crank sensor. I have done a couple and they are fine. If the noise doesn't go away when the manual power balance is performed then an injector replacement will likely be needed. TSB is 16-0064.

Also Powerstroke warranty is 5/100k miles, powertrain is only 5/60k miles. Dealer should take care of it for you unless they are jerk offs and pull the ******d card and won't mess with it.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
There is a newer tsb that Ford has out to address this issue. We run the engine at an elevated idle to warm it up then go in and perform a manual power balance. If the noise goes away reset the fuel system tables, Min. Fuel Mass Adaptation, and the crank sensor. I have done a couple and they are fine. If the noise doesn't go away when the manual power balance is performed then an injector replacement will likely be needed. TSB is 16-0064.

Also Powerstroke warranty is 5/100k miles, powertrain is only 5/60k miles. Dealer should take care of it for you unless they are jerk offs and pull the ******d card and won't mess with it.

You got it exactly! Just was about to post about that TSB. It throws the injector codes and there is a list of other ones it might throw too that's a mile long lol. They did exactly what you said and the noise, smell at idle and smoke are all gone! Runs perfect!
This was the first one they've had to do.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
I think he should load up a race tune and go hammer it a few times. Its bad, bad advice but I think he should.

Me personally, Id be sending those injectors out to be tested and if they are bad, replace them.

Lol I run it on **********'s hottest tune all the time! 150hp tune. It's so awesome to see a 9000 pound dually light up the duals like it's ice on dry pavement. With the 4:33 gears it's a total beast off the line!
With the locking f550 rear diff the 15's have you can whip Doughnuts like your in a shortbox sport truck lol.
I'm very impressed with its power and torque.

samsquatch47

Reaction score
Hopefully this thread will now help others that have the same codes and save them a lot of money on injectors.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Where in Alberta are you? Woodridge was painful to deal with but I'm 3k away from the 160k engine warranty mark on my '16, should have just ******d it from the beginning but can't have a driveway queen as I work her all day every day

Latest posts

Members online