2015 fan problem

MMHA

Reaction score
My fan stays engaged at all times, even in the morning after it sits all night. It Sounds like a semi taking off when I get into the throttle, and the truck just seems lazy all together. Also, my fuel milage seems to be taking a hit.

Ive been researching and some guys have had similar issues with it being the fan clutch itself. One guy said it was some high pressure AC switch/sensor/whatever.

It isnt throwing any codes. Anybody else had this issue, anything to check before I really get into this thing too deep?

redneck1

Reaction score
Don't know who you use for tuning or are stock. But s partan has a pid on my ndash that shows what the computer is commanding. Then you'd know if it was ac or oil temp related or if it's a bad fan clutch... If my memory serves right the 6.0 would run the fan if the deltas got off to far..

KCCO

MMHA

Reaction score
Coolant was a little low. I refilled, but didn't help the problem. I have a cts2 EOT and ECT hasn't been out of line. I don't know if the cts has a pid that'll show me what it's commanding for the fan. Does it have something like that? Also, I haven't been running heat or A/C lately.

The fan stays engaged from ambient EOTs to running temp

BigRed97

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few 6.7 fan clutches go bad(I'm a ford tech), and keep the fan engaged. They were backordered for a while but should be available now.

and being a 2015, I'm assuming youre under 100k miles so it should be covered under warranty

MMHA

Reaction score
Yea, truck only has 24k on it. I'm tuned, though. I'm going to go talk to my dealership tomorrow morning and see if they'll cover it. Tuning shouldn't have anything to do with the fan clutch, but we'll see.

redneck1

Reaction score
Pretty easy to tell if the viscous part is bad. When your engine off see if you can turn it. On my 16 turns with fluid resistance when off. If it's bad, they usually won't turn when the engine is off, unless you can make the belt slip..

KCCO

BigRed97

Reaction score
Don't even bring up the that your truck is tuned, most dealers won't notice unless it's pointed out. And it's really up to the tech if he wants to be an AhOle about it

MMHA

Reaction score
I talked to them today, I think they're going to take care of it. Tech wasn't in so I have to take it back tomorrow, I talked to the service guy.

When the truck is off I can turn the fan, but you really have to put hands on it. It's not moving if you just run your hands over the fan blades. Same on cold, or warm engine.

Latest posts

Members online