2015 Front End noise

blackcloud2k

Reaction score
On my 2015 I occasionally hear a front end noise. It is a clicking/grinding noise. It reminds me of the sound when you engage the lockers. It only happens if I give the truck some gas from a stand still while on an up hill grade. Anyone one have an idea of what it could be? 2015 F350 srw cclb with 3.55 elock.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
Some say it's the Advance Trac system. I've not been able to say my experiences with the system on and then off have solved this noise.

ftast350

Reaction score
Try turning the traction control and stabilitrac off by holding the traction control button until the light flashes and see if it happens. You will have to do it every time you start it. This should rule out the traction control or advance trac if it continues to make noise.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I had a fluky deal and my transfer case took a **** on my 15 with 13,000 miles .... But when I turned it was violent, but I had front end noise kinda like your explaining before hand and idk if that was early signs of what happened, or something else. Hopefully get my truck back on Tuesday.

O4ep3civ

Reaction score
There's a lot of people who seem to have this issue. I have it when I turn. I think it's the advance trac. Seems to be sensitive. Only notice the noise/feeling from the right front tire

Sent from the front seat of my rocket ship

blackcloud2k

Reaction score
I turned off the system the last few times in the truck last night and this am, and I haven't gotten the noise to come back. Thank you for the help guys. It is kind of annoying, but I guess I'll have to live with it.

Clean-15

Reaction score
Mine did it last night. I don't recall hearing it in the first 10k miles, or this thread made me listen for it, LOL. The noise came from the r/f while making a left turn from a stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
It is the flippin abs/advanced trac/ traction control crap!!!!
My 15 does it all the time, almost every corner especially if there is a slight bump while turning.

It is very annoying and supposedly nothing the dealer can do......... Of coarse we know how a lot of that is.

My 11 never did it, so Ford defiantly made the system over sensitive the system on the 15s.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
On my 2015 I occasionally hear a front end noise. It is a clicking/grinding noise. It reminds me of the sound when you engage the lockers. It only happens if I give the truck some gas from a stand still while on an up hill grade. Anyone one have an idea of what it could be? 2015 F350 srw cclb with 3.55 elock.

If you say it only makes the noise from a stand still and give it gas when your on a hill maybe its the hill assist feature. Hill assist engages the brakes for a few seconds when you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal so the truck doesn't roll backward and release the brakes when you finally press the gas that could be causing the noise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online