2015 kem sct review

Reaction score
Well got to taking off all the exhaust, and I have to say that the power difference is nothing but amazing. The truck is a lot more moving as the torque converter basically locks every gear and makes for a nice notice of even power.

One thing I noticed though is how quite the injectors are now compared to stock. The truck when stock was very somewhat knocky compared to the tuning, also sees to idle smoother and sounds a lot more all around smoother.

Another thing as a tip guys is DONT TAKE OFF YOUR DPF RIGHT AFTER REGEN!! I totally frogot and paid the ultimate price with my hands! Dumbass me.

And if you're afraid to tackle this by yourself don't be. All you need is 4 sockets, 2 extensions and a swivel. That's all I had and I got the job done within an hour and a half.

Driving around you will feel the tranny somewhat feeling dumb and sometimes wanting to slam gears, but as you drive it all disappears and goes to normal.

In waiting now for mikes intake and egr delete, and the edge insight I ordered for gauges.

All in all I'm very satisfied with the tuning software and very glad I chose kem. If you're looking into deleting your 2015 and don't know what tuning you want kem is my choise

Reaction score
Sounds like just normal Injectors but with the kem the are a lot more smoother. It's not a crazy difference but it's noticeable when a trucks this quite.

*UPDATE*
Just got done having fun in it. Dam truck moves like it's been raped in the ass. Highly compares to a tuned 6.4.

Also I love how low the smoke output is. It's a total different smoke machine compared to a tuned 6.4 and espically a 6.4 with a single s472.

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
Picked up my X4 with KEM tunes today from LFDP. Can't wait to get them installed tomorrow morning. Especially after reading this!!!!!! Only doing a delete pipe for now and AFE intake this weekend. Will post back tomorrow after installation

Reaction score
Picked up my X4 with KEM tunes today from LFDP. Can't wait to get them installed tomorrow morning. Especially after reading this!!!!!! Only doing a delete pipe for now and AFE intake this weekend. Will post back tomorrow after installation

Promise that the tuning makes a huge difference. All around I love how the truck runs so much more

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Welcome!!!

*UPDATE*

As of now the cold weather does bot effect the tune. There was talk of sluggish running below 100degrees ect. My truck currently runs just as fine with any temperature of the ect.

It seems to be vehicle specific. My truck runs like a raped ape all the time. I've seen one, with BOTH companies tunes have the sluggish reaction. All it's going to take is time and trial and error to eliminate all potential issues

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
So just installed the KEM tunes and did the delete pipe. Put it on Performance tune only. Sounds nothing like the previous 6.7 tuner. Doesn't have the infamous jet sound. Not a bad thing though. Tranny still learning. Only had a few rough shifts by nothing serious. I am happy with the tune. Not blown away. Will see what happens when i crank it up to Race. Ramonpowerstroker and Jared - what setting are you running on daily?

HurricanesFord

Reaction score
Update: changed to "15 Race" tune and WOW. This is how the truck should run. Shifts are crisp and firm. Not smokey at all. Truck hauls absolute @$$. I think I'm gonna stay on this tune for awhile. If anyone is on the fence about tuning their 15, you will be VERY impressed by the KEM Race tune.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Update: changed to "15 Race" tune and WOW. This is how the truck should run. Shifts are crisp and firm. Not smokey at all. Truck hauls absolute @$$. I think I'm gonna stay on this tune for awhile. If anyone is on the fence about tuning their 15, you will be VERY impressed by the KEM Race tune.

Beta'd this thing on my regular cab for a few weeks. It's pretty fun, I can only ever get it to smoke in OD lugging it till it downshifts to 5th and its minimal at most. Power is great. Mike's got it dialed

Reaction score
Nice!!!

*UPDATE*
Did the high idle mod and it works perfect in these trucks.

Also ran a couple of cars yesterday.

2014 tremor tune and intake 4^4 and killed him all the way past 100

Was gonna run a stock 5.0 but ran of time. Hopefully mikes intake and egr delet will come in before I race again.

Also was thinking of a nitrous shot but in all honesty I don't think you can add anymore air as the turbo cleans the fuel very well. But what do ya think? Will it be possible to put a shot with a progressive controller on this truck?

dcswetman

Reaction score
Picked up my x4 from Rudys today exhaust will be shipped to my house Tuesday. Also picked up the cts insight jus trying to figure out how to mount it without using the crappy suction cup

Reaction score
Nice!!!

*UPDATE*
Did the high idle mod and it works perfect in these trucks.

Also ran a couple of cars yesterday.

2014 tremor tune and intake 4^4 and killed him all the way past 100

Was gonna run a stock 5.0 but ran of time. Hopefully mikes intake and egr delet will come in before I race again.

Also was thinking of a nitrous shot but in all honesty I don't think you can add anymore air as the turbo cleans the fuel very well. But what do ya think? Will it be possible to put a shot with a progressive controller on this truck?

I don't know how much it will help. But I would definitely put a gate on it for spray.

How.do these delete race tunes compare to dpf on tuning . Is thr there a huge power difference

There is I would say 20-30 hp tops.

Latest posts

Members online