2015 regen count?

Reaction score
Well update trucks got 1400 miles on her and today city driving the cleaning exhaust filter came on 4 times within 30 minutes. Trucks completely stock and I was wondering if that's bad.. Remember that was city driving so a lot of stop and go traffic

Also with these 6.7's when these trucks go into regen mode does it do it like the 6.4 and send fuel on the exhaust stroke or how does it work?:shrug:

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Mine has around 6500-6700 miles on it. It has the regen message pop up about every 150 miles.

My 2011 was about every 500 or so.

Mileage will home in on 16-17 for pure hwy and interstate driving, other mixed driving it is 14-15.

Reaction score
Mine has around 6500-6700 miles on it. It has the regen message pop up about every 150 miles.

My 2011 was about every 500 or so.

Mileage will home in on 16-17 for pure hwy and interstate driving, other mixed driving it is 14-15.

See yours pop up every 150 miles and that's how mine use to be then today it popped up the cleaning exhaust filter minder 4times within 30 minutes.

Highway is 13-14 mpg
City is 10-12 mpg

Captaincworley

Reaction score
I've only seen my message center pop up once that it was cleaning the exhaust filter and I guess it's because I didn't blink for that split 2nd.I do know on mine that my wife told me it popped up on her right when she was about to pull in the driveway and of course she just parked it and killed it,But when I left again I put it on instant mpg and saw when it started the Regen process again.It lasted for 22min with me driving 70on the interstate,But not once did it ever pop up saying it was doin a Regen.I wish it would have some kind of icon on the dash that stayed there till the Regen was complete.Instead I just have to monitor the instant mpg and once it goes back up from 10mpg I know it's complete lol..

Charles

PDT1081

Reaction score
See yours pop up every 150 miles and that's how mine use to be then today it popped up the cleaning exhaust filter minder 4times within 30 minutes.

Highway is 13-14 mpg
City is 10-12 mpg
If you stop (traffic light, train, etc) long enough, it will stop the regen process. Once you got back up to 30mph, it started over. It was probably burning off just enough to be under the limit (when computer initiates a regen). As you were driving it went above the limit and started again.

Reaction score
I've only seen my message center pop up once that it was cleaning the exhaust filter and I guess it's because I didn't blink for that split 2nd.I do know on mine that my wife told me it popped up on her right when she was about to pull in the driveway and of course she just parked it and killed it,But when I left again I put it on instant mpg and saw when it started the Regen process again.It lasted for 22min with me driving 70on the interstate,But not once did it ever pop up saying it was doin a Regen.I wish it would have some kind of icon on the dash that stayed there till the Regen was complete.Instead I just have to monitor the instant mpg and once it goes back up from 10mpg I know it's complete lol..

Charles

So just watch your instant mpg to see when it's done? Thank you I did not know that. Wondered why sometimes on the highway I would only get 14mpg when I would get 18-20 lol

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I watch my mpg when my regen starts and not once have I seen a variance in mpg just saying. I see a lot of ppl talking about it dropping and then coming back when complete but mine never changes. I'm just going to pick up a CTS and go from there

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Just like PDT1081 said. If it's under the rated speed it most likely stopped the regen process. The exhaust needs to get up to a certain temperature in order to do a proper burn so I'd say that is completely normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
I watch my mpg when my regen starts and not once have I seen a variance in mpg just saying. I see a lot of ppl talking about it dropping and then coming back when complete but mine never changes. I'm just going to pick up a CTS and go from there

If yours does not go from high teens to 10 or lower then yours must do pretty good.

My instant MPG will drop to 10 or less for 20+ min at 60-80 mph. Then once it is done with a "Active Regen" back to the high teens.

Captaincworley

Reaction score
So just watch your instant mpg to see when it's done? Thank you I did not know that. Wondered why sometimes on the highway I would only get 14mpg when I would get 18-20 lol

Yea I was driving to work right after I bought my truck and I knew what my ram 1500 got on a drive down so I decided to watch and see what the 259 would get and when I scrolled to it I was looking at 10.7 lol.I was like what Tha heck is wrong with this thing.After about 20min it went back to it's reading of 18-19 so I figured that's what it was and sure enough the next time a Regen started the fuel mileage dropped again for 22min.

Charles

Latest posts

Members online