2015 tunes review IDP

ftast350

Reaction score
You have to get ahold of someone like Mike at No Limit to get em.
Just loaded mine and wow! Hot street is awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ftast350

Reaction score
Well I've been rolling around with IDPs tunes on for the last couple days and so far I've only had the Hot Street on. So much more responsive! My fuel mileage has gone from 20L/100km to 14.2L/100km (I always have to do the conversion so now it's your guys turn!) with mostly city stop start driving! Throws some coal when dumped and then is a fairly thick haze. I've got the tunes and 5" Flo Pro straight pipe. Needs a muffler for sure! But absolutely love it!

ftast350

Reaction score
Big shout out to Mike! Fantastic customer service!

Rule12b

Reaction score
Review update. . .Tow is great although I throw some codes when actually pulling here and there. Street is great for all around, clean burning, little lag off the mark, great driveabilty. Now for the "Hot Street". . .Holy crap. The truck goes like a scalded cat. Boost hits so damn hard and just keeps coming. A bit smoky when you hammer it ;-)

ftast350

Reaction score
I haven't even bothered taking it off hot street, it's just too good all around!

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
That's what I run every day also. Any smoke is easily controllable...and a good trade off for the power it makes. I've towed about 5K with it too. Probably not recommended but if you use your right foot judiciously it can be done.

ftast350

Reaction score
I've been towing my rv for a good 2000km and in some good hills and not a single hicup or anything! Diesel tech buddy of mine has been doin the same thing for awhile as well and zero issues! Just don't mash the pedal all the time and your fine!

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been towing my rv for a good 2000km and in some good hills and not a single hicup or anything! Diesel tech buddy of mine has been doin the same thing for awhile as well and zero issues! Just don't mash the pedal all the time and your fine!

glad you're happy buddy !!!

mtwashingtonhunter

Reaction score
2015...I've been running IDP's tunes for a bout 5,000 miles with DPF on, no other mods and have no issues...no smoke...run Extreme Street 90% of the time...holding 16.0 mpg overall...about to use Tow tune to pull about 18,500 lbs, will return with feedback after a trip to the farm.
Hasn't thrown a code either, but I assume since I'm not deleted, it won't?
Extreme street is a great daily...I didn't like the shifting characteristics of the Tow tune for daily at all.
I went straight through IDP and he recommended the Extreme Street for daily and the best shifting.

drservo

Reaction score
Pulled the camper (15K lbs) last week on the tow tune and it towed great, best I got was 8MPG. Need to pull in on the hot street and see how it does, was use to pulling on race tune with my 6.4.

ftast350

Reaction score
I was getting 13 mpg pulling my 7400lbs rv through some very large and rolling hills. I was pulling with Hot Street delete tunes. Basically with just SCT canned tunes I was getting the same mileage empty!

drservo

Reaction score
Yea mine was through the mtns, I know the 37s are killing me. Yours still have factory tires? Is that hand calculated?

Rule12b

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but here goes. . .Obviously on the Tow and Street tunes, the truck defuels when it shifts (healthier for the tranny obviously). On the Hot Street, I presume it's not defueling for shifts? It's a little hard to tell.

Latest posts

Members online