2015 Water Leak Damage!

Reaction score
Your not entitled to a new truck. The dealer doesn't owe you anything more than any other person who buys a vehicle. Ford has a warranty, they will fix it. And you should get a loaner free while it's being fixed. But your not "owed" anything more than that.

You don't get a new truck any more than if your new house's roof leaks. The builder doesn't automatically give you a new free house.... You get it fixed and that it. This isn't Walmart you can't just take it back and get a new one. I've bought dozens of new vehicles. Have some broke? Yes. Did warranty fix them? Yes. Did ford expidite me an exact duplicate brand new replacement truck and say "here a new one for free. Sorry for the inconvenience?" Hell no.

It's a leak, not a blown up engine. Let ford do the repairs and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Keep fighting. Lemon law. Check your states laws. If truck is down for 4 weeks or something.

Seriously? A 60 something thousand dollar truck and one piece of weather strip is screwed up, and you guys are ready to sue them over lemon law? Lol. I guess that's how America is these days? Btw it wouldn't pass and you'll just waste your money.

The manufacturer has every right to exercise their warranty and correct the issue per the purchasing agreement you sign when you buy the vehicle. Unless after so many attempts and/or time in the shop it is not corrected then it will be passed on through the lemon law. THEN you will get a replacement.

You may be mad but it is really not a big issue. You obviously never owned a new 6.0 or 6.4 back in the day?....... A piece of weatherstrip is nothing lol.

mandkole

Reaction score
This thread cracks me up. I remember my first new car warranty repair lol... The horror. Com'on, you'll get it fixed right.

Last edited:

Alex340

Reaction score
I've actually owned a 6.0 and a 6.4 before. Heads blew on the 6.0 and radiator and heads blew on it as well. So I know how that goes and how the repairs go. It's just frustrating to buy a MSRP $67,000 truck and wake up Christmas Eve morning with water pouring in your back seat and carpet ;). Yes it will be fixed, never said it wouldn't. But for a truck not even 30 days old and still have the paper tag on it to have this problem makes me shake my head. Lol

Streethog

Reaction score
I've actually owned a 6.0 and a 6.4 before. Heads blew on the 6.0 and radiator and heads blew on it as well. So I know how that goes and how the repairs go. It's just frustrating to buy a MSRP $67,000 truck and wake up Christmas Eve morning with water pouring in your back seat and carpet ;). Yes it will be fixed, never said it wouldn't. But for a truck not even 30 days old and still have the paper tag on it to have this problem makes me shake my head. Lol

I understand u frustration man, and why r all these comments talking **** about uve never owned this or tht or wat a truck is worth, or tht u r not gonna get a new truck, whats wrong with putting up a fight with the dealer for a new truck. Ur paying for a brand new truck, not for a truck tht leaks, get what u entilted to get. And im glad tht the dealer is going to fix all of the probelms.

Emery19

Reaction score
glad Ford is fixing it. I had to get make a deal with my dealer when my sunroof drain tube leaked. granted it wasn't a bumper to bumper, it was Ford's extended warranty, but still, i had to pay for parts and half the labor to get it fixed and didn't want me to even use the words water when talking about my claim. it technically wasn't warrantied.

yes i know totally different situation, but I'm glad they're fixing it for you. water is apparently a touchy subject at dealers.

Reaction score

Yeah, it's a bummer that it's leaking. The biggest thing is that it's gonna be fixed. Like I said, as long as they are fixing it and taking care of the warranty that's all you can really ask for. Now if they don't and it leaks again, then you have a legitimate b*tch.

I understand u frustration man, and why r all these comments talking **** about uve never owned this or tht or wat a truck is worth, or tht u r not gonna get a new truck, whats wrong with putting up a fight with the dealer for a new truck. Ur paying for a brand new truck, not for a truck tht leaks, get what u entilted to get. And im glad tht the dealer is going to fix all of the probelms.

Well, unfortunately that's not how the world works. Like I said, if your roof leaks in your new house, your not gonna get a totally new house handed to you. They're gonna fix the damage back to like new and move on. It's the same way with a truck. You really don't think they're gonna give anyone a new truck for a piece of weather strip? Gotta be realistic...

Alex340

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, inputs, advice and more everyone! I'll keep you guys updated as I hear more info from the dealership. I'll see how much they stand behind their word and what they actually repair.

As far as I'm seing I think they'll have my truck Atleast a week. Due to the holidays next week again and they are waiting approval from Ford on everything getting repaired under warranty. Some process they have to do now by taking pictures of the damage and getting it approved to be repaired so the parts are free and what exact parts will be covered.

They may even send a Ford Rep down to look at it to approve everything as well. Which may delay things even more.

Reaction score
Usually once the pictures are submitted they have an answer in 24 hours. Just depends how fast the dealer gets on it. I've dealt directly with fords warranty dept. it's pretty painless as long as you have facts. A leaking window is pretty indisputable. I got an answer on a full engine replacement in less than 12hrs....

Alex340

Reaction score
Usually once the pictures are submitted they have an answer in 24 hours. Just depends how fast the dealer gets on it. I've dealt directly with fords warranty dept. it's pretty painless as long as you have facts. A leaking window is pretty indisputable. I got an answer on a full engine replacement in less than 12hrs....

That's good to hear. With it being a saturday tomorrow I may not hear anything until Monday. But we will see. The seat and glass they are saying is a must but not so sure on the carpet. Which I really WANT to be done. Because it was still wet today after no rain the past 2 days. But it did get rained on 3 days in a row. I just didn't catch it until the final day unfortunately. I just don't want molded smelly carpet in a new truck lol

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a bummer that it's leaking. The biggest thing is that it's gonna be fixed. Like I said, as long as they are fixing it and taking care of the warranty that's all you can really ask for. Now if they don't and it leaks again, then you have a legitimate b*tch.

Well, unfortunately that's not how the world works. Like I said, if your roof leaks in your new house, your not gonna get a totally new house handed to you. They're gonna fix the damage back to like new and move on. It's the same way with a truck. You really don't think they're gonna give anyone a new truck for a piece of weather strip? Gotta be realistic...

Calm down.

Comparing a house to a truck is like comparing you to a man with calm nerves. Lol

Notice the remark was IF it's over a 4 week repair. Jeez you get worked up more than a coon dog with a treed coon.

He bought a $60k truck. Still new. They are a mass production company. Flipping him a new truck wouldn't even make FORD blink. Now my truck with 48, xxx. No I wouldn't expect a new truck. Even if I had 10, xxx miles.

I would like to see you go baligerant in posts were guys are returning truck back to stock for mechanical failures....

Don't pull the whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa cry baby you need to own a 6.0l. I was smart enough to drive a cummins from 03-07.

The OP has a legit compaint. What are you a ford warranty rep?

My 09 6.4L had one hpfp. With a minimax still plugged in under warranty. Strait to the dealer at 70,000miles. I didn't ask for anything and... didn't even pay the $100 deductable.. even got new fuel filters! Lol....

I did get a new truck outta that deal... (for a loaner. Lol)

Truck still going strong today under my inlaws care.

Last edited:

ftast350

Reaction score
Why would they give away new trucks? That's what the warranty is for! Since its a mass produced "object" they provide you with warranty to cover any fixes that are required if any issues arise since they are so mass produced. You can't QA/QC every thread of every bolt or every inch of every seal.
Yes if there is a law that states that after so long of repairs without having your vehicle then by all means attempt to use that law to your advantage but until then deal with the pain of not having your truck for a week due to the weekend and approval of the warranty since it's better than having a leaking rear window.
Just my $.02. Hope it's done in a timely manner!

Reaction score
Calm down.

Comparing a house to a truck is like comparing you to a man with calm nerves. Lol

Notice the remark was IF it's over a 4 week repair. Jeez you get worked up more than a coon dog with a treed coon.

He bought a $60k truck. Still new. They are a mass production company. Flipping him a new truck wouldn't even make FORD blink. Now my truck with 48, xxx. No I wouldn't expect a new truck. Even if I had 10, xxx miles.

I would like to see you go baligerant in posts were guys are returning truck back to stock for mechanical failures....

Don't pull the whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa cry baby you need to own a 6.0l. I was smart enough to drive a cummins from 03-07.

The OP has a legit compaint. What are you a ford warranty rep?

My 09 6.4L had one hpfp. With a minimax still plugged in under warranty. Strait to the dealer at 70,000miles. I didn't ask for anything and... didn't even pay the $100 deductable.. even got new fuel filters! Lol....

I did get a new truck outta that deal... (for a loaner. Lol)

Truck still going strong today under my inlaws care.

I have plenty of nerves. You just don't know me evidently. Or I come across to you on the Internet that way. I definitely not "screaming at my screen as I'm typing" lol.

The owner has a legit complaint, and ford is fixing it.

What got me was asking for a new truck. Because of leaking weather strip.

I don't see how you or anyone would think a water leak is a legit concern to be given a new replacement truck. Not when people have engines blow up, trans quit, horrible electrical gremlins etc... A water leak due to weather strip is not even close.

By my statement about "you must not have owned a 6.0 or 6.4" was that there were a lot of these "worst case" disasters. Ford didn't just go around handing out new trucks. They fixed them. And being personally in those scenarios I know they would never take someone's used truck (no matter how little) and give them a new one for what is most likely a $1000 or less fix for ford.

And for your information, I work very close with ford. My business uses their parts. And when their parts that we install need warranty approval and paid labor to replace I deal with ford corporate for warranty claims.

Remember, I worked for cat, so I've been through all the dealer hoopla there and have a very good working knowledge of how they operate. Fords warranty is actually decent. Unlike cat where you fix it at your own digression then submit the claim to be paid for warranty. And then if cat denies it the dealer has to eat it. At least ford give you the approval first. That way your not stuck eating anything.

Cats not going to give you a new backhoe if the door seal leaks right? Come one you should know that. And a new backhoe is way more money that a platinum f250. And cat huge company too.....

Comparing a house to a truck in this situation is 100% accurate. They both have the same outcome. Maybe a little extreme but I was trying to make a point.

However you may or may not agree with this. What I'm saying comes from experience with the warranty subject. From being involved with multiple dealer levels with multiple companies.

I understand being upset that your brand new truck is broke. I've been there before. But all you can do is be calm and get it fixed. Once you sign the papers and the title is sent in, you own it. And that's all there really is to it. Ford will fix it, but that's all their gonna do. If they took it back they would loose way more money than the repair cost and rental vehicle fees. And as a business their in it for the money. Don't let them fool you any other way.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Morgan. I like you. Don't get me wrong!!. But I disagree with you on this.

If you bought a pair of waterproof gotten boots that leaked I guarantee you would be looking for a .....

NEW PAIR.

THIS is a luxury item. A backhoe is a work tool purchased buy a bean counter company most 80% of the time. With a hired hand operating it. With an interior that can be pressure washed out to boot.

A house is a fixed asset. A truck is a depreciating turd that doesn't need a bad wrap for an oasis report when he goes to sell it on down the road.

Will a new truck take place. Who knows.... that's not up to the dealership. That's up to FOMOCO.

I have watched 2 brand new D10R'S Be delivered for the price of one before at a coal mine. One did not make it 500hrs. Exploded the transmission. Cat called for it back and went into immediate teardown. Later resold as used. Just saying. Doesn't happen all the time. Doesn't always go that way....

I say new truck bring they are already iffy on the guys carpet... headed down the wrong road already.

Keep up the good work Morgan. I enjoy your quality and depth. (Even tho I disagree with you on this!!)

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Fwiw. You can pull the history on my 2011. I took my truck in for several repairs that I wanted done. The first one was a ...... leaking windshield... air leak.

FOMOCO. PROVEN me with a crew cab rental for the duration of 1.5 weeks.

Even tho ford would not fix the windshield and made me madder. I was still provided a loaner brand new truck. F150. But to them the truck could handle the same space requirements I needed.

So in other words. They did me right on the loaner and royally screwed me on the warranty.

So for those of you screaming warranty.... Scream on. I proved my case to FOMOCO. AND THEY DENIED THE FIX. I fixed it myself. A simple windshield fix.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I didn't ask for a new truck. But I did ask for my money back for the warranty that's added in to the sale price of the truck. I received a complimentary wash and detail.... that Porter did a good job!

Dealership North Point Ford. North Little Rock, Arkansas

Reaction score
A lot of that relied on the dealership and service writer. Had it been served up to ford correctly it should have been covered if it was within the 3yr 36k. No doubt about it.

I've seen cat bring out a new d10 after the first one went through two engines..... But you got to relate that a water leak into the operator compartment is a worlds difference than an engine or two or a transmission.

Like I said and will stick by it. If fixed correctly (replacing window seal, unsnapping old panels, replace carpet and snapping in new panels) then it should be fixed in one day of the part arriving and be absolutely as good as new.

If they fail in that aspect then the customer has 100% claim to raise holy hell. But they, by their warranty agreement, have no obligation to replace the truck. Just repair it to as new condition as per the failure and related damage.

Reaction score
And to the pair of boots and luxury item comment.

A pair of boots is a returnable item. A truck is not. No matter what anyone thinks. There is NO return policy. Period. Again it's not Walmart lol.

And the luxury item... A truck is a truck is a truck. Just because one guys treats it like a sports car or beauty queen and one beats it through a muddy job site with a trailer behind it isn't fords problem. They have zero prejudice between a black platinum superduty and a while XL truck. The warranty is equal and pertinent no matter what color or trim level.

You'd be really pissed if they told you "ehh, it's just an XL... Who cares if the doors broke or the window leaks, it not a platinum...." Is be pissed that's for sure.

But they don't. They don't care if you spend 40k or 70k they fix them all with the same procedure not matter how you use it or how it's perceived by the owner.

Like I said if they don't fix it satisfactory then you have a complaint.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.