2016 6.7 F250 Fire

kjk427

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any issues with this truck and fires happening. Last week my buddy noticed transmission fluid or what seemed to be trans fluid (red) had sprayed up all over the engine compartment and he had it towed to the dealer ship to fix it. He bought his truck brand new which now has 30K miles on it and is completely stock in regards to the engine and exhaust system. He spent 28k on tires, rims, a custom lift, and a custom interior, and sound system. The truck was towed to the dealer who fixed the leaking issue, but last night he was driving and smelt smoke, then saw flames so he stopped jumped out and the truck was engulfed in flames. We have no idea what the hell happened. So I was wondering if anyone has heard of any issues regarding the 6.7 and exhaust/trans systems and fires.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Trans fluid burns like no other. Sounds like the dealership didn't fix the leak.

sisupower

Reaction score
There was a 2016 super duty Diesel that caught fire and actually kinda exploded. It was a prototype truck and doing testing in Death Valley. Heard of couple other 2016 super dutys catching fire but not sure the cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kjk427

Reaction score
Sucks cause it got messed up bad check the attachments

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 215
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 205

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Wonder if there as some trans fluid left over somewhere (they didn't clean it good) and the *** lit it up when it went to regen. Really sucks for your buddy with all that work into the truck hopefully he has all his receipts and his insurance company will work with him on the parts he invested in.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Has there been any problems with the exhaust manifolds in the valley of the engine?

Jomax

Reaction score
That top pic would kill me to watch my truck burn to the ground....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnp115

Reaction score
From that pic, looks like the cab is on fire. Maybe an electrical part went bad related to the custom interior/sound system.

Billy T.
[email protected]

That's a pretty good point..

Sucks to hear, and hopefully it doesn't go rough for your friend... it sounds like a **** ton of blaming/back and forth can come from this if they can't chase what actually caused the fire.

Mario_Arellano

Reaction score
Glad there was no one injured...upside is now he can get a 2017.

2016 Super Duty. Full time RV'r, 2013 Open Range

Latest posts

Members online