2016 doors

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I bought 2 new take off front doors for my 02 and would like to use the new thicker,scratch free glass. My 02 internals would have to be used as these are manual and mine are power. Will the new glass work with my 02 track and what other new parts could I use and ditch my old? Handles I'd imagine and all the rubber looks the same. Probably even the latch maybie if I swap my plug to the newer one for the dome light switch. I'm sure someone's done this with doors rusting threw on the older models like mine. Thanks in advance.

co04cobra

Reaction score
There are several differences in the doors. 12 back doors are closer.

In 13 they went to a cable driven system for the window regulators, and that changed the interior structure of the door. That also changed how the glass attached to the regulators.

07 back sail panel mounting holes are slightly different, and where the wiring goes through to the dash is different also.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Will atleast the shell work or am I stuck selling these at $700 a door to recoup my money and get new oem door shells for an 02?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Would probably be money ahead to sell those shells and get 02s. You will have to cut/modify those doors to work.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I know I can get 1200 for these doors together as there not just shells there complete doors minus mirrors. New oem shells for an 02 here local run just about that for 2 but I was thinking why not just get the power tracks and motors for each door and just wire the motors to work with my 02 switches? Ya think it's possible? Then I could use the new shells, glass, latches, and handles. It can't be that hard to wire them but I've never done it.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
If you decide to sell those doors I have a set here from a truck I parted that are in good shape. I was keeping them just in case, but don't really need them anymore. Truck was a 2001.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
Keepin them now that I went and checked. These new 2016 doors I have for some reason have all the holes right in them for my 02 regulators and track so either just use my guts n glass or use the new glass and internals and just swap to the 2016 power regulators as there just a 2 wire hook up as mine and I even have the plugs up in the harness for power regulators so just wire them in place of my different shape 02 plug. Seems pretty straight forward now. Think I'll go the 2016 regulator swap way as then I can use all the new parts n glass.

Bobs 7.3

Reaction score
I will it will be interesting. Probably won't get to them till about March but a friend has a scrap 99 power door with everything in it so I may strip the regulator and glass out and try the 02 stuff just to see if my eyes are as good as they seem lol. Then if I run into a problem with 16 regulators I'll just swap my 02 internals. Atleast I'll know if I have a back up plan for sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.