2016 f250 platinum pricing out the door

04cr450

Reaction score
Ok this is a good place to ask this, and I apologize for hijacking but since the OP is looking out of state.

Salesman just told me that I can't get a TX price for a truck because I am a NJ resident and I only qualify for the programs around here. So example: truck in NJ optioned the way i want is $64k, on the lot for $60k. Same truck in TX is $54k. Is this true? I always thought I could buy out of state then pay taxes when I registered it in NJ.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

no apologizes necessary bud! you are correct on losing rebates... but its not that much, in my case it was $1,000

04cr450

Reaction score
this information helps me out a lot for sure and know now what i should be paying, in maryland dealers make a load of money esp the local ford dealer in town which tells me people around here do not wheel and deal, they just say "ok i want it". Saying that i did get a good offer though cheaper than the texas offer without going back and forth with the salesmen. I just simply said i want your best price- start from there.
Im sure though as you guys said- once the 17's roll on the lot, prices on the 16's will drop even more.

Reaction score
I just ask for invoice less rebates. If a dealer isn't happy just getting the 3% holdback on a $70K+ truck find another dealer. If you really want to grind them ask them to dip into their holdback $.

We all see these prices listed that seem too god to be true. Then you call or go there and they ask "are you a recent grad"? No, oh well theres $500 you don't qualify for. "Are you police or Fire" No, oh theres another $500 you don't qualify for. Oh, you don't have top tier credit, sorry you don't qualify for ford credit. It goes on and on.

Being in business myself I understand what it takes to operate a business. I have no problem letting the dealer make a little money. A LITTLE, lol....... They also have incentives from Ford that may make certain dealers deeply discount their trucks. In fat, they might even lose money on some of them just to get certain sales levels that help their bottom line. Its all a big rats race.

^^^all of this. To a T. Tell them you'll pay invoice and not a dime more. I never pay over invoice, but I also never have to ask because we spend so much that we automatically get it. I used to be a cheap ass and tell them I wanted hold back too. But I let them have a little profit so they don't gouge me on my trade. If the dealer will not go at invoice, just move on.

There used to be someone here that had the ability to take a vin and look up invoice. But I don't remember who that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxxedout

Reaction score
On a 60k+ truck, invoice is a plenty fair deal, both for the customer and the dealership. I guess it depends on the dealer though. For me, it's a lot easier to sell a truck at invoice or even a little under to gain a customer and possible referrals than to beat someone up for an extra $1,000 or so. Everyone involved (myself included) is so much happier if all the back and forth nonsense can be avoided. At the end of the day, it depends on the dealership and the salesman. Most of my customers order their trucks, and that allows me to be more competitive. If the truck doesn't sit for 30+ days, and you turn the money that much faster, it makes sense to discount accordingly. That's my mentality though, and I'm fortunate enough to work at a dealership that allows us to work that way.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
no apologizes necessary bud! you are correct on losing rebates... but its not that much, in my case it was $1,000

Heard back from a MD dealer on a 2016 CC/LB Lariat, literally the identical truck to mine down to the color combo. Advertised online it's $54xxx, he offered it to me for $57xxx plus TTL. So I would be losing $3k or so, which I don't think is too bad either. Sticker on truck was $65xxx.

diezelfreak

Reaction score
If you can wait op on the 17's like is being said above you will get s better deal. I know it's not a ford but when we bought my wife's Nissan Murano I got a 14 at a good deal that's because the 15's had just hit the lot an they wanted to make room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vrog

Reaction score
in regards to getting a better price on the 16 when the 17 comes out, that is kind of a catch 22. There are plenty of people, me included, who have to have a new super duty as soon as they come out. However, there are also plenty of people who want the last of the 16s and will pay for them. For example, try getting a dealer swap on a 16 platinum right now. Most dealers usually work together and swap all the time. Now its getting a bit more difficult. They are holding onto their "loaded" trucks. Platinums, king ranch and lariat ultimates are in demand.

TyCorr

Reaction score
in regards to getting a better price on the 16 when the 17 comes out, that is kind of a catch 22. There are plenty of people, me included, who have to have a new super duty as soon as they come out. However, there are also plenty of people who want the last of the 16s and will pay for them. For example, try getting a dealer swap on a 16 platinum right now. Most dealers usually work together and swap all the time. Now its getting a bit more difficult. They are holding onto their "loaded" trucks. Platinums, king ranch and lariat ultimates are in demand.

Gotcha! So going "cheap" is going to create a market for itself?

vrog

Reaction score
Gotcha! So going "cheap" is going to create a market for itself?

Well, I mean that it might not be as easy as you think to get a crazy deal on a 16 because of the reasons I stated above. Again, we all live in different areas so it could be subjective.

I know you can't get a 16 cab and chassis right now because certain dealers have hoarded them because it will take a little while before we see 17 cab ad chassis.

Also, a lot of dealers will try to get as many 16s as possible because there will be plenty of buyers that are not going to want to pay the $5kish increase that a new 17 will come with.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Heard back from a MD dealer on a 2016 CC/LB Lariat, literally the identical truck to mine down to the color combo. Advertised online it's $54xxx, he offered it to me for $57xxx plus TTL. So I would be losing $3k or so, which I don't think is too bad either. Sticker on truck was $65xxx.

Try Haldeman Ford in Hamilton Square on Rt 33. Got my '16 Dually Ultimate for 11k off sticker.

Billy T.
[email protected]

CATDiezel

Reaction score
We have a 16' CCLB Platinum White F-350 Platinum for $14,000 off MSRP here at my dealership...

What is msrp? I'll be honest I hate the bait tactics. 14000 off what. $100,000.

Many dealerships make up their own msrp. With "add-ons"

IT would be easier to say OTD TTT Price. That's what people are interested in knowing.

jcain

Reaction score
And packaging. Some platinums aren't nearly as loaded as one thinks.

Jgon08

Reaction score
^ huh? I thought platinum ' were just that- loaded just with a sunroof option from what the models I have seen.

There are a few other options like heated rear seats but a platnium is pretty much loaded like you said.

vrog

Reaction score
I ordered my 17 F350 Platinum yesterday. Every option except 5th wheel package. Got white with black leather. Kind of bummed as I wanted to try that new brown interior but I guess thats not available yet. MSRP is $78,540 That big ass twin panel power moonroof was $2,785!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sounds like one heck of truck^!

5 years it will be old news..... again....

There going to turn out like buying a $75,000 BMW. 4 years later it's worth $40k... depreciation will still reflect reality! Lol.

I'm truthfully astonished at the new prices.... I know they will still sell but my goodness $75-78k. LOL

There are few that will fork over cash. Or even a hefty down payment because they will do a remainder of balance trade jn and will wind up with at a min $1200 per month payment.

If you think there's a lot of 15's for sale now there will be a TON of 17 used for sale next year!! People begging to take over remainder balance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online