2016 Sema Project

Jmuck

Reaction score
An awesome build with great attention to detail by PMF.

The blue truck as well as three others had the first of the new 16" front and rear big brake kits I've produced as well. A bit of a scramble and some 'fine tuning' left to be had but they all drove in under their own power with nary a few next-day-air parts to be supplied! lol

More info please? I'm starting on my 17 next month and very interested in that setup.

Wayne

Reaction score
From an art perspective, the truck is top notch. I completely agree the level of quality in the build is outstanding. I just can't wrap my head around this donk truck craze, and why form is more important than function on so many of these trucks now. Makes me wonder about functional driveline angles too, and hope with all that effort that the function of the suspension and 4X4 wasn't negatively affected. I hope that in a couple years most people look back and point out how useless that tire/wheel combo is, and trends go back to a reasonable amount of sidewall, wheel fit, etc. Wheels by themselves are obviously amazing, and so is the truck but dang...:doh:

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Hey its still a great paint job!! I hope Ford is taking notes on color!

They used an index ring for the transfer case. I originally thought he ment he indexted the plate on a axial 15* but now I see it was a radial 15* no mechanical interferences just moving the case like a clock.

Last edited:

jordan572

Reaction score
I will update eventually I promise. This week was a lot busier then I anticipated. As far as the concerns go. 4wd works perfect thanks to a new driveshaft and indexing ring. The wheels and tires are all preference, personally I like the way the wheels and tires look. Most pictures you have seen is with the truck aired up over desired height. It is where the industry has gone. And what needs to happen to be relevant at the show right now. If people don't like them that's alright but I'm just a punk kid that likes big wheels and small tires. I will save the 15" wheels for my samurai that indeed goes in the mud lol! Either way I love the way things turned out. Thank you all for ththe positive comments.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Jordan you built one hell of a truck! It was a sight to see in person! Hate that I missed you at the booth.
Trevor, it was nice to finally meet you in person after all these years.

TripleE44

Reaction score
This was my first trip to SEMA, and I guess I had higher hopes for the trucks. I expected them to be like this one, but maybe a handful even came close. This is how a SEMA truck needs to be, perfection and everything touched. Jordan you did an awesome job on this thing.

Also, I think your Denali outside convinced my buddy that drives a vette to finally get into a truck. I bet we spent 20 minutes a few separate times of him staring at that thing.

Coueshunter

Reaction score
From an art perspective, the truck is top notch. I completely agree the level of quality in the build is outstanding. I just can't wrap my head around this donk truck craze, and why form is more important than function on so many of these trucks now. Makes me wonder about functional driveline angles too, and hope with all that effort that the function of the suspension and 4X4 wasn't negatively affected. I hope that in a couple years most people look back and point out how useless that tire/wheel combo is, and trends go back to a reasonable amount of sidewall, wheel fit, etc. Wheels by themselves are obviously amazing, and so is the truck but dang...:doh:

You wonder about driveline angle? You can look and see that it is correct and easily fine tuned if needed... I hope you don't live life wondering about frivolous stupid ****...

You wonder about quality of suspension and design? What does a wheel and tire set up have to do with a suspension engineered and designed by a completely separate company?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
You wonder about driveline angle? You can look and see that it is correct and easily fine tuned if needed... I hope you don't live life wondering about frivolous stupid ****...

You wonder about quality of suspension and design? What does a wheel and tire set up have to do with a suspension engineered and designed by a completely separate company?

I can only assume that somewhere in your statement there was a point to be made.

BOSS450

Reaction score
Jordan, beautiful truck man, wish I could have gotten away to see it.

To all the bikering. Can y'all not just be happy for the guy and the truck he made? Go make a new thread to bash the fad. This truck is a sema truck to show all the latest stuff. The truck reflects the market and obviously did a good job.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Looks good man, great job with the details. A lot of these show trucks miss the stuff that makes them a true show truck.

Jonnydime

Reaction score

To all the bikering. Can y'all not just be happy for the guy and the truck he made? Go make a new thread to bash the fad. This truck is a sema truck to show all the latest stuff. The truck reflects the market and obviously did a good job.
The truck is beautiful and the bos award proves it.

bpan

Reaction score
Didn't mean to imply it wasn't awesome, it is a very cool looking truck. I just don't understand the wide wheel thing.

This is probably because you actually use your truck. Most people don't use their trucks for their intended purpose anymore.

CATDiezel

Reaction score

That's true. It's really no different than the "concept" vehicles the auto manufacturers produce for their shows.

Remeber the Tonka F350 that had regenerative braking to harness the energy produced from slowing in order to charge batteries for a eco-friendly f350?

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
If someone told me they didn't like my truck I'd just hold my BEST OF SHOW SEMA 2016 trophy in my left hand, give them the finger with my right hand, smile ear to ear, and walk away lol. How about the "race cars" with wings and camber that will never see a track? Same difference. Nothing at SEMA is built for practicality it's SEMA for God's sake... smh congrats again Jordan on setting the standard for trucks with this masterpiece

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I will update eventually I promise. This week was a lot busier then I anticipated. As far as the concerns go. 4wd works perfect thanks to a new driveshaft and indexing ring. The wheels and tires are all preference, personally I like the way the wheels and tires look. Most pictures you have seen is with the truck aired up over desired height. It is where the industry has gone. And what needs to happen to be relevant at the show right now. If people don't like them that's alright but I'm just a punk kid that likes big wheels and small tires. I will save the 15" wheels for my samurai that indeed goes in the mud lol! Either way I love the way things turned out. Thank you all for ththe positive comments.

well i was glad to finally meet you and get to slap you around. thanks for choosing us for your only under hood mod . that being said , i can't wait to send you my head lights !

Jordan1.jpg

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
well i was glad to finally meet you and get to slap you around. thanks for choosing us for your only under hood mod . that being said , i can't wait to send you my head lights !

Jordan1.jpg

mike, why not move that battery and place filter up where they were on my truck>? first 17 mods:)

jordan572

Reaction score
So here we start just a few weeks ago, frame all painted, axles painted getting ready to run air tanks, air lines, frame harness and the endless wiring it seems to run the air control system
IMG_4006.jpg

The entire chassis harness was rerouted on the inside of the frame rails, instead of on the outside. The harness was originally ran around each body mount and was quite ugly. About a day was spent cutting and rearranging the harness, exhaust wrap was used around the harness near the exhaust to prevent melting. Wire ties with built in push ins securely and cleanly mounted the wire harness.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

A lot of retainers and random plastic pieces were cut out of the harness to clean things up.

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

All tucked away and hidden behind the exhaust pipe,
IMG_4046.jpg

With the chassis harness installed it was time to start running air control wiring, air tanks and air lines. The rear spare tire crossmember were completely removed to fit 4 5'' seamless air tanks.

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

Yes the tanks were painted metallic silver, although its hard to notice.
IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

The messes of wiring, tubing and fuel lines were starting to hurt my head. But nothing major was missed and things went as smooth as one could hope.

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

This makes me happy lol,
IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

I will keep the updates coming now, thank you for staying patient with me.

01pwrstkr

Reaction score
So here we start just a few weeks ago, frame all painted, axles painted getting ready to run air tanks, air lines, frame harness and the endless wiring it seems to run the air control system
IMG_4006.jpg

The entire chassis harness was rerouted on the inside of the frame rails, instead of on the outside. The harness was originally ran around each body mount and was quite ugly. About a day was spent cutting and rearranging the harness, exhaust wrap was used around the harness near the exhaust to prevent melting. Wire ties with built in push ins securely and cleanly mounted the wire harness.

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

A lot of retainers and random plastic pieces were cut out of the harness to clean things up.

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

All tucked away and hidden behind the exhaust pipe,
IMG_4046.jpg

With the chassis harness installed it was time to start running air control wiring, air tanks and air lines. The rear spare tire crossmember were completely removed to fit 4 5'' seamless air tanks.

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4040.jpg

IMG_4043.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

Yes the tanks were painted metallic silver, although its hard to notice.
IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4075.jpg

IMG_4076.jpg

The messes of wiring, tubing and fuel lines were starting to hurt my head. But nothing major was missed and things went as smooth as one could hope.

IMG_4241.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

This makes me happy lol,
IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4251.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

I will keep the updates coming now, thank you for staying patient with me.
Dude! You (and your guys) are freaks! Amazing!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Would people quit quoting/replying to huge picture posts, ****.
Nice work, Jordan.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.