2017 SD W/ 2015+ F-150 Front Clip?

Jomax

Reaction score
Only thing I hate on the 150s is the waves in he sheet metal. Drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
im not a fan of the aluminum idea at all

People complained about going back to coil spring suspension in 2005.

People complained about going to the 6.4L in 2008.

People complained about going to the 6.7L in 2011, along with the new front end.

People, are resistant to change. Every change made to the Superduty since 2003 up have been improvements, surely and steadily. The additional expense and tooling investment for aluminum by FMC wasn't done lightly, and has been in R&D for almost a decade.

Steel body Superduties will be antiquated in 5 years, and Ram and Chevy will end up following suit and eating their own words. You heard it here first.

smcox1

Reaction score
That guy on another thread here said he was working on the tooling for the cabs at an assembly plant and they differ from the 150?

I remember this too so I thought the cab on the sd is bigger.

Jomax

Reaction score
People complained about going back to coil spring suspension in 2005.

People complained about going to the 6.4L in 2008.

People complained about going to the 6.7L in 2011, along with the new front end.

People, are resistant to change. Every change made to the Superduty since 2003 up have been improvements, surely and steadily. The additional expense and tooling investment for aluminum by FMC wasn't done lightly, and has been in R&D for almost a decade.

Steel body Superduties will be antiquated in 5 years, and Ram and Chevy will end up following suit and eating their own words. You heard it here first.

True. Had a Guy tell me ford is doing so bad on the aluminum f150s that they are dropping the aluminum and going back to steel LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Any link or pictures of said Raptor rendering???

12046774_898015023606791_7772050367822636782_n.jpg

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
2017 is no smaller inside or outside, it simply appears that way since it shares a very similar body style to the half-ton. It is, IMO, slighly less cramped in the center console area than the current builds.

Despite some of the negativity, the aluminium is a serious upgrade. I can personally say its more dent resistant, more rigid (pull on the door of a 2015 super duty, and watch the sheet metal at the door hinges. Then do the same on an aluminum F150) and has massive improvements in NVH (noise/vibration/harshness) as the aluminum is a sponge for vibrations and annoying squeaks/rattles.

Matt, I know you folks haven't had your hands on 17 yet but, what do you think on the tuning side of things? Tuning is another reason that's pushing me towards a 16.

Thanks.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I agree on the Aluminum. My wife and I have a '12 F350 and a '15 F150. The doors close more solidly in the 150, stuff in the doors doesn't rattle like hell, it's a LOT quieter and the creature comforts are a generation more refined.

About what's expected.

Love the photochop of the '15 F150 on the '17 SD. Don't really care for the '17 SD's nose, but I suppose it'll grow on me eventually.

I'd love to see a V6 turbo diesel in the 150, that would rock. As it is with the 5.0 I feel it's kinda sluggish. I'd love to put a whipple supercharger on it, but $8k, whew. Especially when my truck needs $8k in turbo upgrades.

Layson

Reaction score
When we talked to the Ford guy at SEMA that was watching over the 2017 at the show. We asked if we could sit in it. He said no but if you want to know what it looks like go sit in an F150. They are not much different.

He also said everyone was going to be very impressed with the actual torque numbers on this one....he really emphasized this....LOL

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
I agree on the Aluminum. My wife and I have a '12 F350 and a '15 F150. The doors close more solidly in the 150, stuff in the doors doesn't rattle like hell, it's a LOT quieter and the creature comforts are a generation more refined.

About what's expected.

Love the photochop of the '15 F150 on the '17 SD. Don't really care for the '17 SD's nose, but I suppose it'll grow on me eventually.

I'd love to see a V6 turbo diesel in the 150, that would rock. As it is with the 5.0 I feel it's kinda sluggish. I'd love to put a whipple supercharger on it, but $8k, whew. Especially when my truck needs $8k in turbo upgrades.

Wish ford didn't have such a hard on for smaller engines. An eco boost 5.0 would be tits.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
When we talked to the Ford guy at SEMA that was watching over the 2017 at the show. We asked if we could sit in it. He said no but if you want to know what it looks like go sit in an F150. They are not much different.

He also said everyone was going to be very impressed with the actual torque numbers on this one....he really emphasized this....LOL

I bet it ends up being 465HP, 1000LB-FT ;)

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Matt, I know you folks haven't had your hands on 17 yet but, what do you think on the tuning side of things? Tuning is another reason that's pushing me towards a 16.

Thanks.

Don't want to eat my words on this in 8 months, but as of right this moment, I don't think it will be much of a problem. That's about as specific as I can be currently.

PyroFighter

Reaction score

Thanks.

I'd be willing to bet Matt has some connections with the masterminds behind the powerstroke not saying he has actually had his hands on one, but maybe some vital info leakage as far as tuning jargon goes.. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think I recall reading years ago that he use to be an Engineer for the powerstroke (either with Ford or Navistar idk) like I said I may be wrong. Just seems like I remember reading that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.