203° operating correctly?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Yay, another tstat thread... Does this look right? I believe this just started happening as of recently. She gets awful hot before she opens. I know their supposed to start @ 203° and fully open ~15°. But I don't remember her having to get this hot before she started cooling. Highway Temps are now about 209° steadily. Use to be dead nuts @ 203°.

https://youtu.be/9s-TqQ0POrc

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
How many miles since swapping it out have you put on it ? Hotter than normal out ? Fan working ? I know I had an issue where my fan only ran when the AC was on and I ended up having higher than normal temps until swapping the clutch out. Never even noticed it till someone pointed out that it should be spinning at idle.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Never ever heard the fan kick on so I can't verify this, I will soon it later though.

I resealed tstat housing 1k ago. That's when I vacuum refilled

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
It's only hotter than normal right upon tstat opening and cruising highway. Around town it sees 203° all damn day

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Well, changes the cap, same thing. Even doing a 60 to 80 blast the temp rises 6°. Got off Highway and hit high idle and started feeling hoses. Top hose is hot, bottom I can hold my hand on all day. Looks like I might be going after a new radiator. Hoses should be almost identical Temps. I'll confirm with temp gun tomorrow but it seems to be a flow issue through radiator

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Same thing on way to work today. Temp gun shows upper core of radiator @ 116° and bottom is 60°.

Ordering new radiator.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Debating changing coolant too. Sucks I just changed the filter also. I'm afraid I'm suffering from electrolysis. I Need to Clean my grounds too... Already got the rad and bottom hose here. Even through work ELC is pricey

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Hell, I'm actually going to re use my coolant, confirm this issue is fixed. Also it will clean out the new radiator. I've been hearing horror stories of the manufacturer not cleaning out the Flux out of new radiators

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I used the Zerex Red ELC, stuff works great and is only about 15.00 a gal for full strength so not terrible. I just did it and distilled water.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.