205/100 High idle problem

2wd-fire

Reaction score
My truck in park will idle at 1000 rpms in neutral it comes down to 750 after you put in gear and then park it goes to 600 rpm any body know what's up

imelmo

Reaction score
I have the same issue and am being told it has to do with the spill ports on the injectors have been filled. Doesn't really bother me other than I thought there was an problem. It actually cools the truck down quicker though, lol. So I'm not worried about it anymore.

2wd-fire

Reaction score
I have the same issue and am being told it has to do with the spill ports on the injectors have been filled. Doesn't really bother me other than I thought there was an problem. It actually cools the truck down quicker though, lol. So I'm not worried about it anymore.

I just don't like putting in gear at 1000 rpm

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I have 205/100s and my idle is 750ish and no issues I wonder why yours idles so high

Vizsla

Reaction score
03 warren gearhead

Along time ago I ran 190's with plugged spill ports, did the same thing, had a Lopey idle also. It bothered me, so I bought a matched combo from Elite, stage 2's and VGT-SSX, and it purred like a kitten. My old 190's were sent out to be rebuilt, and sold to Josh Haddox, with turbo, VGT-40. His truck seemed to do fine with them, not sure what was changed when they were rebuilt, but iirc correctly just cleaned and rebuilt the same. So my assumption was it depended on the individual truck. I believe Warren has figured out how to tune for the issues now, might give him a shot. After my Elite combo, Tadds tunes ran way better than any other in mine.

imelmo

Reaction score
Mine idles really smooth, just a little high though. About 800ish rpm I guess.

bootcamp

Reaction score
had the same problem with my warren 175/75 with the lopey idle. pick up some tunes from gearhead and it purs like a kitten. Until i installed my injectors and had the idle issue, i had never heard of the spill port.

Latest posts

Members online