225's with Stock Trans, Stock Turbo, Stock Fuel Delivery

stonepusher

Reaction score
what fuel system are you going with? Fuelab? That BTS is going to be sweet, thought about one myself.

No, just airdog that I have had sitting in the garage for 7 months, gonna replace the airdog motor with a fuelab motor when that switch kit becomes available. I'm pretty stoked about the trans, they told me even Brian from BTS is excited. Hopefully it will run this weekend at the track and I can get some updated numbers.

stonepusher

Reaction score
mike i sure hope to run you this weekend at the track! gonna try and make it down friday to the shop to check it out! btw fuel only against me haha!!

Lol..... I wanna work more on the fuel only times, I am hoping for low to mid 12's on fuel, idk how much that Vgt-SS will do.

stonepusher

Reaction score
Heading to the track Wednesday!! I haven't had an opportunity to drive it yet but Chris and Brian said its runs awesome!

Duke

Reaction score
Do you drive this truck on the street to. I've been contemplating going to a built 4r in the spring instead of a 5r

stonepusher

Reaction score
I pick the truck up today so I haven't personally driven on the street but Chris @ TSD says it spools the turbo faster than the 5r did. He took it from a dead stop to tire spin in 10ft without having to build boost or stand on the brakes.

stroker57

Reaction score
Do you drive this truck on the street to. I've been contemplating going to a built 4r in the spring instead of a 5r

i drive my 4r on the street and like it alot it keep the tuck more on top of a non-vgt turbo less lage with big singles plus the 4r shifts so quick

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Use the right converter in a 5r and you will have the same experience! Good to hear Mike!

Helen Keller sent this?

stonepusher

Reaction score
Trans is amazing! Lights my turbo way faster than my 5r ever did. Gonna be doing a little more tuning on the WOT stuff but I love it! Even just street driving its a night a day difference. Gonna be heading to the track Wednesday for some tuning and hopefully new times!

Extended Power

Reaction score
Trans is amazing! Lights my turbo way faster than my 5r ever did. Gonna be doing a little more tuning on the WOT stuff but I love it! Even just street driving its a night a day difference. Gonna be heading to the track Wednesday for some tuning and hopefully new times!

What year of transmission did they use?
Does it matter?
Who's converter?
What's the stall speed?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online