238/100% with 38r

rat49f6

Reaction score
Can a set of 238cc/100% be detuned to run with a 38r and be pmr friendly?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

MINK

Reaction score
Pmrs are hit or miss, I lost mine at 300hp. Most will say go for it but if thats what you want to do be ready for failure.. Good luck, I say dont chance it.

Charles

Reaction score
I ran 300/100 hybrids on the stock turbo for months in my 550 and it drove great. I now have a 38R in it and it tows very heavy and very hard very often without issue.

Flat to the floor at any GCVW it will not exceed 1200 degrees worse case and it's putting out enough power that I have melted another ZF6 and scorched the fluid in the dana 135. I would estimate that it is between 250 and 350rwhp.

Point is, you can run whatever injector on whatever turbo you want if you simply tune it accordingly. You could run 400/400's with NO turbo and be just fine if you wanted. Might only make 130hp, but it could be made to run like a top if you wanted.

dietoremain

Reaction score
I have PMR's and i'd do it in a heartbeat, but the only one who'd be tuning it would be Bill Cohron(PHP) :).

average

Reaction score
This will be my exact setup as of Saturday, getting live tuned and hopefully on the dyno too.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Can it be done ..yes but unless your planing on switching to forged rods why..

38r..not the best..just doesn't move the air needed on the top end like other turbo's like a modded H2e..plus its a throw-a-way turbo. IMO best for stock to stage 1's.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
I ran 200 hybrids with a 38r and ts tuned by swamps and lost the block at 1200 rpm courtesy of an errant or misplaced PMR LOL

This was my exact same set up and it worked well for 20k mile. Spoke to Dave and out to Swamps it went. Now it is really fun to drive. If your going to live on the edge with PMR's be ready to fix it when the time comes.

99-Resurrection

Reaction score
Fl Stroker.... Yes it is a great setup... I put probalb 30 to 35k on the truck after stepping to this set up... Didnt mean to seem as if it was a bad idea... The errant rod was jus somthin that could happen... Im sure alot of factors came into play for the catastrophe lol

99-Resurrection

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the escape hatch my rod decide to use... somewhat led to believe by the destruction it was a piston/rod failure both... Both sides of pan and block were breached couple times... sorry picture is sideways

Attachments

• Photo10192250_1.jpg
    Photo10192250_1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 96

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
It was not ment in a bad way. My rod also went and cracked the block. PMR's are a crap shoot either way you look at it once you add extra stress to them.

average

Reaction score
me too...except the dyno part. ill look to meet you there...where are you located?

I'm in the Millersburg area, north of Harrisburg. Hoping to dyno, give me something to start with #'s wise. I'll be there Saturday bright and early. :thumbsup:

Tom S

Reaction score
I ran 200 hybrids with a 38r and ts tuned by swamps and lost the block at 1200 rpm courtesy of an errant or misplaced PMR LOL

Man I am sorry to hear that. How do you use/drive the truck? I hate to hear any time someone throws a rod.

Last edited:

average

Reaction score
Well didn't get to dyno because my boots just wouldn't stay on for the live tuning, but now with double clamps on them they seem to be staying now with 35lbs + (need a new gauge now) I'm gonna say I love this setup. The streetability in all my settings is downright amazing, completely different truck and the 38R doesn't have a problem keeping everything clean with the sweet tuning I had done.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Average...jody said u blew a hole in your heater box when the boot blew
If so let me know I have one u can have

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

average

Reaction score
Yeah thanks bud, I have some fiberglass I'm just gonna fix it with, not worth the effort of ripping it all apart again.

IMAG0378.jpg

There might have been a little force involved when it shot off haha :cursing:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.