23psi?

03international

Reaction score
I have 2005 f250, I'm running the extreme X tune. everything else is stock besides head studs and delete. I ran the truck at the track the other night and at WOT I'm only seeing 23pounds. few people have told me I have a leak. but I can't find it. I have new up pipes. all my boots are tight with no holes. I'm stumped

johnholman

Reaction score
With my 7.3 my ct wont show over 23psi because thats all the map sensor sees before it defuels. Not sure if its the same on the 6.0

jdc753

Reaction score
That is what my truck runs with Xtreme race (measured from factory gauge), pretty sure that is how Eric tunes his big files because that is the peak efficiency point of the stock charger. Boost is not directly correlated to pure airflow which is what you want, higher boost will also mean higher heat which yields less oxygen to the cylinders. Lug it in OD and I bet you can build over 30psi, which would rule out the chances of a leak.

Short answer 23psi is normal for an Xtreme race or high end innovative file on a stock turbo truck.

TheReelMuhcoy

Reaction score
I'm still with a stock turbo and If I just plant the pedal from a stop I never see over 23-25 psi. If I am cruising already and lean into it good I'll reach 28-29psi, only other time is when I have a big brick on wheels behind me. Then I'll push a squeak more than 30. (read from my glow shift 3in1 gauge).

I think when the engine is at WOT there is so much air moving that the charger can't keep up. We can make 30 psi when we plant the pedal at cruise, because the turbo spools up so fast and the engine can't gulp it down fast enough, then when you get to the top end you can't hold 30 psi anymore because the engine is wound up and moving that much more air.

I am just thinking out loud here, maybe someone can back that up...

Latest posts

Members online