250/200s and a Stock Turbo

caladash

Reaction score
In the very near future I will be getting injectors for both of my 7.3s. The Ex and my truck. The truck has a stock H2E and the ex has a stock turbo. My truck also has PMRs. Will both of my vehicles be ok with some solid tuning? I know with my truck it's a gamble and I accept that. I have two spare motors just in case. Opinions?

ToMang07

Reaction score
What's a stock H2E?

And I imagine your (stock?)transmission and turbos won't last long. Pure roll of the dice with PMRs.

caladash

Reaction score
Truck is the one in my sig. Not stock! Ex is stock. Spare transmission needs to be built. Stock H2E meaning not modded.

Black 02

Reaction score
PMR's with those injectors is a gamble.

The standard H2E seems really small. Doesn't the 38R outflow the standard H2E?

It'll run, but how hot and for how long is anyone's guess.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
In the very near future I will be getting injectors for both of my 7.3s. The Ex and my truck. The truck has a stock H2E and the ex has a stock turbo. My truck also has PMRs. Will both of my vehicles be ok with some solid tuning? I know with my truck it's a gamble and I accept that. I have two spare motors just in case. Opinions?

yes

live life full throttle

2000wa250

Reaction score
You'll be fine as long as its not long term and you realize you have way too much fuel for the stock turbo. You'll want to back fuel way off with tuning for awhile, but you will be fine.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I'm going to contradict several post in here (as well as my own sig) with this statement: you can run 250/200's on a PMR motor, stock turbo, etc without it being a gamble at all.

The gamble is in the power level, not the type of injectors used.

And that power level is all in the tuning. 250/200's can be tuned to a stock-like power level if you want. I've done it on my truck, and that's the same tune I use for emissions testing.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I'm going to contradict several post in here (as well as my own sig) with this statement: you can run 250/200's on a PMR motor, stock turbo, etc without it being a gamble at all.

The gamble is in the power level, not the type of injectors used.

And that power level is all in the tuning. 250/200's can be tuned to a stock-like power level if you want. I've done it on my truck, and that's the same tune I use for emissions testing.

:whs:

01platinum

Reaction score
I have wanted to do the same thing since I have all supporting mods to run bigger injectors. What HP will you get out of it since you will be on a PMR motor? I know if I took the chance I would be the 1 out of many that it would go bad for. :D

caladash

Reaction score
Its all dependent on tuning. Im gonna chat with my tuner and stress the PMR issue. Shouldnt be a problem at all.

George4

Reaction score
At what point do you guys think it will need head studs? Will the stock head bolts hold up as long as the boost is keapt under a certain point?

CurtisF

Reaction score
At what point do you guys think it will need head studs? Will the stock head bolts hold up as long as the boost is keapt under a certain point?

Boost is nothing more than a drop in the bucket compared to cylinder pressure.

Cylinder pressure is what pops head gaskets. Cylinder pressure is what scatters rods. You increase cylinder pressure when you increase fueling and timing. If you have gobs of torque, you probably have a lot of cylinder pressure to make that torque.

For example, which one is making more cylinder pressure?

Truck #1: 500hp, 1300 ft/lbs, 40 psi boost
Truck #2: 500hp, 900 ft/lbs, 50 psi boost

Latest posts

Members online