250/200s and a Stock Turbo

seeyalater5.9

Reaction score
I'd just build one of the motors you have laying around for the 250's and swap it in when done instead of swapping injectors into a pmr motor...going through the trouble of getting tuning and everything worked out just right only to blow it a week later and have to do it all over again

woodduck97

Reaction score
If you want your stock turbo to last you better drill out the housing and waste gate hole larger or plan for it to blow fast. Buddy is running the same set up and it blew pretty quick. Rebuilt it and now with the modded housing it seems much happier now.

Charles

Reaction score
It should take all of 30 minutes to have the truck dialed in at exactly stock power output if you wanted. Not the same as a set of AD's with a chip, STOCK.... like 178rwhp if you like. It would take me longer to get my old pos laptop booted up than to write the program.

You know how if you just push the pedal say 1/16 of an inch.... well you can have that be full throttle if you wanted and have the truck dyno 81rwhp...

The truck should run cool, crisp and clean as a whistle making more power than a set of AD's would make while smoking like a train and burning the world down. If you keep the boost at or below around 25psi the turbo will be fine unless it's just hurt already.

CurtisF

Reaction score
I'd just build one of the motors you have laying around for the 250's and swap it in when done instead of swapping injectors into a pmr motor...going through the trouble of getting tuning and everything worked out just right only to blow it a week later and have to do it all over again

If you want your stock turbo to last you better drill out the housing and waste gate hole larger or plan for it to blow fast. Buddy is running the same set up and it blew pretty quick. Rebuilt it and now with the modded housing it seems much happier now.

Why?

Dial the tuning in and done.

For example, the "emissions" tune I have for my truck dyno'ed at 240 hp to the rear wheels, just a bit more than a bone stock truck. I can run that thing at WOT straight uphill and baaaaaaaaarly crack over 900* F on the EGT gauge. Can't do that with stock injectors.

My towing tune makes the same power as a full blown race tune, and I can't get EGT's over 1100 degrees with a load behind me. Again, can't do that with stock injectors.

In short, there's nothing wrong with putting larger injectors/nozzles on an otherwise stock truck. Folks need to reverse their thinking in regards to "X" injector is capable of "Y" horsepower, and if you aren't built to handle that amount of power, you'll blow your truck up. That's simply not the case. The tuning can be dialed in to limit the amount of fuel, and what most people will find is that they have a better running truck than before.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
But, my friend deserved it. A 19 year old with a 2011... And let me rephrase my first statement, I meant I was hoping it was carnage for the pics, not because it would have been funny if some guy blew his turbo 👍

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Eh anyway... I been running my set up for about 20k Miles. The stockers seen 35 psi and 60 psi back pressure and she's basically gone. Starting to make.funny noises now

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

caladash

Reaction score
What would be a better (cheaper) injector for a stock motor and drivetrain? Money just got tight and can only afford one set of 250/200s and they are going in my truck. Excursion needs injectors as well and she is bone stock minus intake.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id rebuild the excursion injectors and put some bigger nozzles on them.

Latest posts

Members online