250/200s + PMRs + My tuning....

Dieselboy.

Reaction score

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nice buddy! That's what I'm talking about. Do all that based on throttle input in one tune?

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Lucky for him, Most my hands on tuning is from my personal truck which had 200% nozzles. As well as VDH5 PCM like him. So I honestly just winged the tunes by pulling fuel on the PW map and fuel vs RPM
I also did up a different SOI adder map with a bunch of timing pulled down low and up top.

I think its key in survival keeping that torque number low. I think I may even pull a touch of fuel under 2k and leave it at that.

If imageshack didn't want money for an account now I could post up the dyno graphs. They look really nice, pulls all the way through

V-Ref

Reaction score
Dyno'd 513/1038 in my hot file pulling hard to 3500rpm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnO4XM6C7Wo&list=UURx2NSG8XNZ-OEchngIgjtA

489/1001 in his street file, which he says cleans up to nothing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Scs1kjJIE&list=UURx2NSG8XNZ-OEchngIgjtA

And 319/80x in his daily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeOEQZB1S_Y&feature=youtu.be

Running 250/200s, 38r and T500 HPOP. Not bad for the first set of emailed tunes :) On stock fuel

Great numbers....whouda thunk this possible a couple three years back.

Great job!

V-Ref

Reaction score
Aren't you and Curtis one of the few to have made 500+ on PMRs and have it live more than a month? Dennis Schroeder at Strictly too right? Any other PMR trucks that I'm forgetting....

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
I think david n was up there.

There isn't many.
I'd still say Curtis has the crown. His has lived for a lot longer then this truck.

I'm gonna do a bit more tweaking.
I want that torque number under 1000. My ultimate goal would be 530/1000Ish. Holding off fuel and timing till things get moving us imperative.

Who knows. Maybe a PMR motor can now withstand a but more then what they're known for.

Thank the select few willing to push their boundaries and risk a good engine. I just pluck the keys lol

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
That daily file would be a sleeper tune for sure, damn near smoke free

Stock fuel system too?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
He says it cleans up right away.

Ya. Stock fuel !

I would think a few more hp up top could be possible with a set of twin SD pumps and a full fuel system.

ibestroken

Reaction score
zack pierce had a pmr live for awhile at well over 500 with lots of pulls and drag passes. Engine was still good when pulled to be replaced with a forged motor. I believe he goes by smokinstroke97 or something on here. not sure

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
keep at it bud, the tunes are great! heck even if you could get that motor down to 900lbs and 5xx that would be even better.

Gearhead

Reaction score
I'd keep PMRs under 900 ft-lbs if it was me. Just look at your dyno graph and pull some mfd out of the "max fuel vs rpm" table in the spots you made more than that.

Latest posts

Members online