26 gallon tank on a short bed??

Steamfighter

Reaction score
Not sure, but thought I read somewhere the short bed trucks have a factory 26 gallon tank. Pulled up to the pumps Saturday with the low fuel light on, filled it up to the neck and could only get 22 gallons in it. Anyone else have this issue? 3rd time I have done this and is right around 22 gallons all 3 times with low fuel light on.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Lol yep sucks doesn't it. I usually put 24-25 in max. Have put 26.something once lol I got a 69 gallon transfer for a reason.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Same here, would only end up with about 24 going into the main tank, now only watch what goes in the transfer and top off the main tank before leaving the pump

Dzchey21

Reaction score
most i have ever got in was 23 gallons, pretty weak, i have an inbed toolbox/tank combo 60 gallons total now is much nicer

MCarter788

Reaction score
What tanks do you guys suggest for a replacement? I want a replacement not an in-bed tank. I saw an ad for Titan Fuel Tanks and they make a 50 gallon full replacement. Is that a good brand? I was also concerned about the information display in the truck. When I change the tank will it show up as more miles to empty on the information center? Will I have to get the system recalibrated, or can I even get that done?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
Mr Spatel did it I believe it's a simple computer adjustment with IDS afterwards. Real simple. Titans are good tanks. I may get one as well to go with my 60 gallon in bed.

niklid05

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with the tanks collecting water? I thought i read somewhere, might have been here, that some people were getting water drawn into the tank somehow? Im really debating getting one as i drive 150+ miles a day for work plus driving around after work and it gets old filling up every other day.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Ive got a Transferflow 50 gallon replacement tank, really like it.
Had the DTE re-calibrated using IDS and its pretty accurate.

Never had any issues with water entering the tank.

MCarter788

Reaction score
If people are getting water in their tank I would think that it has more to do with where they are getting their fuel than with what tank they have.

MCarter788

Reaction score
Ive got a Transferflow 50 gallon replacement tank, really like it.
Had the DTE re-calibrated using IDS and its pretty accurate.

Never had any issues with water entering the tank.

What is IDS?

niklid05

Reaction score
Ok. I thought that i read that somewhere, I could be wrong. My only option is a factory replacement style tank because i already have a 100 gallon tank of off road for work in the bed And as far as i know titan is the only one that makes something like that.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Again..........Transferflow makes a replacement tank. IE. take your stock tank out put new higher capacity tank in its place.

shoalwater

Reaction score
Spatel23 did you install the tank yourself? If not, and you don't mind, how much was it to have installed? If so, how hard an install was it? I despise the 26 gallon tank as I I put 50k plus a year on my trucks and fill up at least every other day.

Last edited:

MCarter788

Reaction score
I got a quote from 4wheelparts and they said the 50 gallon Titan tank plus install was just over $1800. The tank is about $1300 on the Titan website.

Spatel23

Reaction score
Spatel23 did you install the tank yourself? If not, and you don't mind, how much was it to have installed? If so, how hard an install was it? I despise the 26 gallon tank as I I put 50k plus a year on my trucks and fill up at least every other day.

I did not do the initial install, didn't feel like messing with it.
Iirc it was 250 to install.

I later had to drop the tank bc the sending unit was leaking due to not being seated properly.

I can say it is one heavy and awkward fker with only about 5 gallons in it.
The worst part is the actual heavy tank..the connections etc are simple.
It's nothing you couldn't do in your driveway over the weekend.

Latest posts

Members online