2WD manual to 4WD Auto

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Yea, thats my problem. Im only making 451hp but I dont think a stock tranny would like me for very long...I can pick up a new stock transmission for a decent price but I think I need a little more than stock :/ I don't really want to drop the 4K for a BTS at this point but I know for sure I would need an upgraded TC which is about the same price as transmission...

Well see thats the thing too, with an auto you have to upgrade EVERYTHING... Just doing a vb will firm up shifts and help the trans, but the tc wont like it. Then doing a tc will save it but the gear clutches wont like it, so then you have to do those. I priced what I would do to mine If I kept it, which was a suncoast master rebuild, suncoast tc, suncoast coast clutch kit, and bts vb, and it was about 2500 bucks after cores.

spb_2006

Reaction score
Damn, thats pretty expensive...Im hoping that I will come across a slightly used mildly built transmission but we'll just have to see. I may end up having to drop some big $$$

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Damn, thats pretty expensive...Im hoping that I will come across a slightly used mildly built transmission but we'll just have to see. I may end up having to drop some big $$$

Possibly, I just traded my truck in on a 4x4 manual. Good luck with the swap, brother!