3'' plenums

star73

Reaction score
How come all the aftermarket intake plenums I see won't fit OBS trucks? I have stock turbo and banks intercooler. I thought I seen someone on here had made it work. Just need E99 spider?

Magnum PD

Reaction score
The early 99 spyder will be the only one that will work with the stock obs turbo. If you want to put 3" intake on, that's gonna take some fabricating. I did it. I cut the SD spyder into and used the Banks turbo outlet. Had pics but webshots is no more.

old man dave

Reaction score
You can use a stock SD 3" plenum if you dent it a bit on the drivers side for turbo clearance for the stock OBS turbo. Passenger side no problem for either stock or aftermarket plenums.

danielzink

Reaction score
I'm running Irates 3" plenums on an E99 in my 97:

irate1.jpg

irate2.jpg

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Where is the weld? Any pics showing how the bottom is machined for the round tube?

I found a flaw in these flat plate style 3" plenums and it's an easy fix prior to machining.

Also, the later heads have extra intake bolt holes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
looking at the image on irates site it looks like they closed the opening up to better fit the heads.
older version (like I have) can be tricky to seal as the late was cut to the 3" inlet tube size.

I like the new webstore, looks good

superpsd

Reaction score
I will keep that in mind when I check them out up close. There is also the Riff raff plenums and I see they don't require sealant as they are o ringed.

Last edited:

mattman347

Reaction score
looking at the image on irates site it looks like they closed the opening up to better fit the heads.
older version (like I have) can be tricky to seal as the late was cut to the 3" inlet tube size.

I like the new webstore, looks good

Yes, we did get more material there for sealing and have had no issues. :D Although, I run an older set on my truck without issues either, just had to pay attention sealing them up.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have the riffraff ones. No issues. Good stuff. I didntvwanns eff with grey death or id have gotten them from irate.

Latest posts

Members online