3 prong plug?

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just bought a 1999 7.3 and I am in the middle of putting on a leveling kit and some chassis saver on the frame. When I removed the front drivers side tire there was this wire that ran along the frame and went to under the radiator. When I pulled on it a 3 prong plug fell out, and when I traced it back it originates to the oil filter housing. This has me scratching my head...Why is there a 3 prong plug? Where does it plug to? What does it have to do with the oil filter? Any help would be appreciated. I attached a picture.

Thank you,

Jimmy

Attachments

• IMG_0539 plug.JPG
    IMG_0539 plug.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 54

Jimmyo86

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply. Where is that located, I couldn't find any place for the plug.

ghohouston

Reaction score
It's to ease cold starts in winter time. You run an extension cord to your house, shop, etc, and plug her in before bed on a cold night, unplug when you go fire it up in the morning. The cord just sits there, and doesn't plug into anything else on the truck other than the oil cooler.

Arisley

Reaction score
Get a timer, set it to turn on two to three hours before you need the truck. That block heater takes a lot of juice.

Latest posts

Members online