315-70-17 w/smallest lift

Lugger007

Reaction score
I've been reading many threads about leveling kits and small lifts.
I drive the truck everyday and tow couple times a month so don't want to go crazy.
I bought 315/70/17 over the weekend, installing next week. I want to make sure they'll fit. I've read It should be ok with out a level, but what does everyone recommend?

Ready lift hast the stage 3tp kit or wasn't sure if just a spacer kit in front would be enough. I would like to keep a slight take if possible as I do tow and hate the nose high look.
Thanks for all the help in advance as haven't lifted many trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

higherlife

Reaction score
Jomax has the best looking setup with 17s. Hopefully he can chime in since he's running 37s

Lugger007

Reaction score
Jomax has the best looking setup with 17s. Hopefully he can chime in since he's running 37s

Hopefully he does see this. I'd be interested to hear/see his setup.

Jomax

Reaction score
20150701_094814.jpg

20150422_163946.jpg

Here's my setup, 2.5in-3in lift. I fit 37s, only place that touched was the fender liners. I had to trim the fender liner a bit and all was well. Key thing to fitting big tires with minimal lift, is the rims.

If you like rims that stick out like crazy, you will rub at stock hight.. I'm running 17x9 rims with 5.5in backspacing. Tires barely stick out past the fenders, which I love, less wear on everything suspension wise.

The tires you posted are 34.3x12.4x17. Close to a 35. If you keep the stock rims or keep to rims like mine. Even at stock hight, you should be fine, do you have the camper package?

If you add a spacer up front, you'll be nose high, these new trucks are level from the factory. You'll then need to add a bigger block in the back. Factory with the Camper Package come with a 2 in block, I'd jump to a 4in block. Of course you run into probability of getting axle wrap....

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Lugger007

Reaction score
Here's my setup, 2.5in-3in lift. I fit 37s, only place that touched was the fender liners. I had to trim the fender liner a bit and all was well. Key thing to fitting big tires with minimal lift, is the rims.

If you like rims that stick out like crazy, you will rub at stock hight.. I'm running 17x9 rims with 5.5in backspacing. Tires barely stick out past the fenders, which I love, less wear on everything suspension wise.

The tires you posted are 34.3x12.4x17. Close to a 35. If you keep the stock rims or keep to rims like mine. Even at stock hight, you should be fine, do you have the camper package?

If you add a spacer up front, you'll be nose high, these new trucks are level from the factory. You'll then need to add a bigger block in the back. Factory with the Camper Package come with a 2 in block, I'd jump to a 4in block. Of course you run into probability of getting axle wrap....

Lemme know if you have any questions.

Thanks Jomax. Your set-up looks awesome.
The tires are Mastercraft Cursor AXt 315-70-17, rims are tank rims by mayhem 17*9.
I don't like the tire/rim sticking out far either, so from what you said, I shouldn't have any issue with rubbing. If I do rub a little, like you mentioned I don't mind trimming a bit.

I do not have the camper package. These are being installed this coming Monday, then I guess I'll find out if I need a kit or not.
How bad would the axle wrap be, I don't want to lift it much, was thinking the ReadyLift Stage 3TP SST Lift Kit - 69-2511TP. What is your thoughts? I still tow and drive daily so need to be mindful of that.

http://www.readylift.com/products/f...rd-f250-stage-3tp-sst-lift-kit-69-2511tp.html

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mznkK5H1vSieiA351-ZXpuQ.jpg

Jomax

Reaction score
Does your truck have a rear carrier bearing? If so, with a 5in block. You will get axle wrap... plan on traction bars. Pmf or OUO make the best setup.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Does your truck have a rear carrier bearing? If so, with a 5in block. You will get axle wrap... plan on traction bars. Pmf or OUO make the best setup.

Rear carrier bearing? Not sure what that is. How would I check?

Jomax

Reaction score
Rear carrier bearing? Not sure what that is. How would I check?

If you have a carrier bearing, the rear driveshaft will go from the rear axle housing to a carrier bearing, then connect to the transfer case. Making the driveshaft a two piece.

Lugger007

Reaction score
If you have a carrier bearing, the rear driveshaft will go from the rear axle housing to a carrier bearing, then connect to the transfer case. Making the driveshaft a two piece.

Then I don't believe I do. My rear drive shaft is a solid one piece. She's long

Lugger007

Reaction score
That's a plus. It'll help with axle wrap.

Being that I have a one piece shaft, if I did the ready lift sst package, would I still need the traction bars you mentioned?

I was only thinking about the Kit to get a little more height, but if it's a waste then I'm might hold off.

Jomax

Reaction score
Being that I have a one piece shaft, if I did the ready lift sst package, would I still need the traction bars you mentioned?

I was only thinking about the Kit to get a little more height, but if it's a waste then I'm might hold off.

That I cannot answer. I have no vibrations coming from my truck, but I have Deaver full leafs with no block, and king 2.5in rear shocks...

Lugger007

Reaction score
That I cannot answer. I have no vibrations coming from my truck, but I have Deaver full leafs with no block, and king 2.5in rear shocks...

Thanks for your help. Once I get the new rims/tires installed I'll see how the ride and rubbing is then I'll decide. I tried looking at deavers online but they didn't have pricing. So I'll need to call them

Lugger007

Reaction score
Got the new tires installed Friday night.

Mastercraft cursor axt 315/70/17
They look preety good I'd say.
They only rub slightly at full lock in reverse.
I'll need to figure out how to pull back the liner.
0592b6f4b065380d3f27e1beded8f8f0.jpg
3a6bbb4bdbf0684bd75238072a045fb1.jpg
59733a4820931a7143ccac3369700b33.jpg
a6ed92c18b34ddd2989fc133786e70cd.jpg

Last edited:

Jomax

Reaction score
Nice! I just poked a hole.in the liner amd used heavy duty zip ties.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Nice! I just poked a hole.in the liner amd used heavy duty zip ties.

Thank you. Now that I've had the tires for a bit, realized not hitting the liner rather the passer mud flap on full lock

Jomax

Reaction score
Thank you. Now that I've had the tires for a bit, realized not hitting the liner rather the passer mud flap on full lock

I,have the plastic ford mud flaps. I trimmed them quite a bit. They look more like a.triangle now lol.

Latest posts

Members online