318k mile 6.0?

speedracer1000

Reaction score
jus picked up a 6.0 for a friend, he got it dirt cheap its actually in really nice shape but its got 318k miles on it. wuts the odds that its the original engine? anyone seen any last that long?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
yes I have, not much longer the lifters fail and engine is trash

weazel

Reaction score
Probably about time to pull it and rebuilt, re-ring, new bearings, new lifter and so on and so forth

Translated from hillbilly, with tapatalk
Engineers clear the way!

Mdub707

Reaction score
I helped a kid put ARP's in his 05 last year, it had 275k miles on it, all 8 injectors were original, original oil cooler and the egr cooler had just finally ruptured, he had been on Edge tuning most of it's life, and on nothing smaller than a 37" tire since almost new. It was currently on 40" tires. He did an EGR delete and then finally started pushing coolant out. Did studs/gaskets at something like 285k miles. Last I had talked to him he was at like 315k, but I haven't heard from him in a while. That truck was a freak. He used to bust my balls all the time cause I was under 100k and basically replaced everything haha.

He had also bought a truck that had flood damage, it was used to haul campers around the US. He got it for parts basically but when it showed up to his house, it had 425k miles on the odo... no clue if it was original or not though. His personal truck was the highest I had heard of. I believe he finally replaced 1 or 2 injectors on his when we tore it down at 285k, due to stiction.

six.oh

Reaction score
385k on one of our work trucks, trans lasted til 375k and it's had sct since 100k

speedracer1000

Reaction score
thats sweet, i plan on keeping this motor i think its got a bad injector or 2 and a ruptured oil cooler, its not puking. but we got a good deal on another engine with low miles so we r jus gonna do the usual stud/delete/injector/ oil cooler deal and slam it in there

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.