32 Degrees = no turn signals???

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
woke up this morning and the temp outside was roughly freezing, not a big deal. Truck normally sits outside all winter long, however I got in it today and drove a few miles and had no turn signals?? truck warmed up for about 10 minutes before I took off, hit the signal and nothing?? I had flashers that worked, however my turn signals did not come on? after about 10 minutes of driving they finally worked

I don't know what would cause the signals to stop working now before it really gets cold out? it didn't do it at all last winter?

any ideas?

wyomingtrucker

Reaction score
Humidity in the signal relay accumulated this summer and froze it open? Maybe it's got a crack from last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
finally been cold enough to cause the turn signals not to work. replaced the accessory delay relay and it didn't make a difference.
when truck sits out over night in the 0 to -10* out the turn signals won't work. but the flashers work.
so I think I need to tear into the column next

Arisley

Reaction score
Blinker fluid? LOL

Ohh come on it was funny! My bad!

Probable running summer blinker fluid. It freezes, need the winter blinker fluid. Hell, you probably need the arctic blinker fluid, It will stay liquid down to absolute zero.

My guess would be to start in the column.

Jason

Reaction score
Blinker fluid was not winter blinker fluid, obviously. Summer is a 50/50 mix, and obviously froze, bursting your fluid transfer lines. Blinkers themselves are probably bone dry, and much like a heui injector, will not fire off without it's lifeblood. Tasca Ford has a sale going on right now on the Arctic blinker fluid, and stainless braided blinker lines, may want to check into this. Hope this helps.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
only problems are already stated. swapped accessory delay already.
picked up the multifunctional today, going to remove the turn signal unit soon

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
well looks like i'm going to have to buy a case of blinker fluid now!
so far I've replaced the accessory delay relay and recently I did the multifunctional.
sat out over the weekend, temps dropped to 5* out and for some dam reason the signals wouldn't work?

sitting out tonight and its supposed to be 0* out so we'll see what it does

zilla68

Reaction score
did you replace the flasher piece in the fuse box? mine did the same thing last cold spell, and I thumped it with my finger and it started working, and after sitting in the cold again, they would not work, so I thumped it again while driving and it turned on again.

Arisley

Reaction score
That "flasher unit" is actually the blinker fluid reservoir. Sometimes the ports get a build up in there and the fluid won't flow when it is cold. Replacing them is easier than trying to repair them.

Latest posts