4 inch or 5inch

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Here is the thing once my truck is back up and running. I am getting new exhaust. I already have 4inch straight pipe turbo back. But the shop my truck is at offered me 5inch exhaust mandrel bend from the down pipe back for 300 installed. So now I am curious if I should go with this or do the 4inch back again.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I had 5 inch dp back on the 96 and I loved the sound, nice mellow rumble from inside the cab. Apparently could be heard coming from blocks away even when not on the throttle.LOL

02BigD

Reaction score
I had 5 inch dp back on the 96 and I loved the sound, nice mellow rumble from inside the cab. Apparently could be heard coming from blocks away even when not on the throttle.LOL

This, just in my '02. On my way to Rudy's, David N heard me coming up from behind them on the left side of my truck (my exhaust is single out passenger side, and yes they were driving slow in the left lane) with their windows up. Highway speeds, he has a CCSB 7.3. I was running 85 or so. 2300 RPMS just sounds sick.

Tom S

Reaction score

Yes that truck had tons and tons of whistle.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Cale has a 7 or 8 inch tip. I can't remember which. Anyway, his sounds pretty good. Its just a little surprising to see that giant sucker under there! Haha!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
At the dyno shop a 6" long 4" 90 was taped to my 4" exhaust with copious amounts of aluminum tape to route smoke out the door. During 3/4 to almost full throttle that 90 was blown off and hit the wall with enough force to bend the hell out of the end of the pipe.

I'm going with 5".

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
At the dyno shop a 6" long 4" 90 was taped to my 4" exhaust with copious amounts of aluminum tape to route smoke out the door. During 3/4 to almost full throttle that 90 was blown off and hit the wall with enough force to bend the hell out of the end of the pipe.

I'm going with 5".
. Guess you know how much a bend can restrict it. That's the first I've heard of something like that. That's crazy.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Doesn't matter right now anyways. My engine maybe done. Tomorrow I will be pulling my cylinder head off. But first I am going to look at a F-150 4x4 ext cab as a second vehicle. So if I have to do an engine rebuild/replacement it can be done the way I want it. I can build the engine the way I want it to be built and I can take my time with it. In fact I may just rebuild the whole freakin truck if I get this F-150.

TARM

Reaction score

I'm going with 5".

It does the exact same things with huge stacks. It does not make any dif as you have a 4" dp.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Anyone have any vids on there 5" exhaust? I was thinking of doing 5" after my engine build.

Latest posts

Members online