4" vs 5"

6speedsd

Reaction score
Taaa Daaaa!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369362231.703425.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369362249.318385.jpg

Install took a while. Every pipe with a flaired end was dented up. Took a while to get all those worked out so it would all slide together right. Downpipe was a bit of a bitch, but its all together. Just cranked it to make sure nothing rattled or hit anywhere. Haven't been up the road yet. Save that bit of fun for the ride to work tomorrow.

6speedsd

Reaction score
After driving her all day, its not as loud as I expected. But I haven't installed my new tip yet either, which I'm sure will make a difference. Biggest change I see is EGT's. Average driving I am a solid 100 degrees cooler than it was with stock pipe. When I put my foot in it, it doesn't jump to 11-1200 real quick like it was before. I buried my foot in it the other day and it hit 1200 real fast and was still climbing. Today, same treatment, 1000 degrees, and pretty much held there for the most part.

OBS F350

Reaction score
^:whs:, When I get on it leaving places or what have you people are amazed at how ridiculously loud my truck is. I never even thought it was until everyone started talking about it. I got on it the other night (probably like a 2-3k RPM run through 2 gears then let off, so about half throttle) and my buddy was outside his house smoking and heard me and called to see if it was me, mind you I was a mile across town lol.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Yea I foun that out today! Come up along a concrete wall on the side of the road and got on it. Yea, she's loud! Going to get the tip put on tomorrow afternoon. I'm curious how much it changes the sound. Definitely quieter in cab now than with stock pipe. Get a bit of drone around 1800 rpms, but its not too bad. And you can really hear the turbo now too.

OBS F350

Reaction score
Yea I foun that out today! Come up along a concrete wall on the side of the road and got on it. Yea, she's loud! Going to get the tip put on tomorrow afternoon. I'm curious how much it changes the sound. Definitely quieter in cab now than with stock pipe. Get a bit of drone around 1800 rpms, but its not too bad. And you can really hear the turbo now too.

Let us know how much of a difference a tip makes. I'm curious as I'm on the fence of putting a 6" tip or something on mine.

6speedsd

Reaction score
Ok tip is on. Don't notice much of a difference. Maybe a little louder inside but not alot. But it's only a 6x12" tip. Longer, or a 7 or 8" might have made a bigger difference. But I can live with it.

Explain this though, at about 2500 rpms, thing still has that "machine gun" sound it had with stock pipe, just even louder now! That's the best way I've heard it described. I have a WW in the stock turbo. That shouldn't affect the exhaust sound though should it, considering it's compressor side.

Latest posts

Members online