450/400 7.3 2001

DSR12004

Reaction score
Why would it be something you wouldn't want to drive daily/700 miles a week???

Is it smokey / laggy or what??? I honestly don't understand please tell me???

Magnum PD

Reaction score
That setup is a competition, (track) setup. Not meant for low RPMS, cruising, stop and go, or low boost driving.

Kinda like a drag car, circle track race car for a DD.

Reaction score
Yes it's very Smokey. Even in economy tune my lowest tune running 60 if I pull a little grade I'm leaving a trail of smoke not thick black smoke but a heavy haze. I do think tuning will take care of that but that just goes to show how sensitive the setup is. I'm not trying to deter you away from the big nozzle. I'm just giving you my experience with it so far. I truly think with the right amount of tuning it can be made to behave fairly decent. It's just really picky. The truck just doesn't seem to be happy unless you have it set in kill mode and are running the chit out of it. Which stands to reason. These are competition injectors. They are made to compete not haul groceries. Lol

DocBar

Reaction score
Why would it be something you wouldn't want to drive daily/700 miles a week???

Is it smokey / laggy or what??? I honestly don't understand please tell me???
IMO, I don't see why you can't DD that set up with the proper tuning. Several members on here are running 400/400's and they purr like kittens. It just takes a lot of time to get them dialed in then work out the other gremlins. A lot of guys (myself included, several years ago) just don't have the patience to deal with all of the nagging issues that come with high HP builds. Any little thing can make the truck run like Shiite.

Read this thread...and that's not dealing with anything near what you're talking about. This is some of what you can look forward to.

DSR12004

Reaction score
Well I think I'm gonna go with 300/200, swamps gen 3, and the s475 turbo, and see how I like it...

Anyone have experience with that setup or forethoughts on that setup before I get it on the street

DocBar

Reaction score
Yes it's very Smokey. Even in economy tune my lowest tune running 60 if I pull a little grade I'm leaving a trail of smoke not thick black smoke but a heavy haze. I do think tuning will take care of that but that just goes to show how sensitive the setup is. I'm not trying to deter you away from the big nozzle. I'm just giving you my experience with it so far. I truly think with the right amount of tuning it can be made to behave fairly decent. It's just really picky. The truck just doesn't seem to be happy unless you have it set in kill mode and are running the chit out of it. Which stands to reason. These are competition injectors. They are made to compete not haul groceries. Lol
Talk to VRef, Blowby, Curtis, Charles, etc... those injectors can be made to run very nicely,IF you have the time and know-how to properly tune them/get them tuned AND everything else, like HPO, O-rings, wiring harness'. IPR, ICP, CPS. etc. are in good working order.

DSR12004

Reaction score
Well I already have the turbo and the gen 3 pump, so my only dilemma was to figure out which injectors I was going to put in

Reaction score
I think for the amount of driving your wanting to do the 200 fits your build better. It will deff be more reliable. And if you put them in and know right away it's not enough. Pull them sell them and go bigger. With having the gen 3 your set to run whatever.

jwlandry

Reaction score
What about 300/200's, termy twins and a gtx4294r?

That's extremely close to what I have. I have 300/200 B-codes, Terminators and a plain GT 4294. Its detuned a bit bc of the forged rods but there's no way id want any more then that for a dd. Its very very fun and pretty quick. I had a truck with decent injectors and a 5 speed.... Towed like an animal but definitely no track truck. kind of a waste IMO with that much injector that your wanting with a ZF6. Your truck though, do what makes you happy

Reaction score
I run 450/400s and a 75mm charger. Gearhead takes care of my tuning. I could jump in the truck and drive across the state if I wanted to. It is very DD friendly, very little smoke no haze cruising and egts in the 7-850 range cruising depending on conditions/speed/etc. I dont DD it because I have another vehicle to drive but I could if need be. Idles like stock, very smooth power, and minimal smoke. I run one tune, and this is the first tune revision, all the time drives great and same tune that runs 7.0s in a ccsb. Just my experience with 400%s

Now would I want to drive 700 miles a week with it... No. For that purpose I would go 300/200s and it would still be a fun truck

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.