468 with stock injectors

oneturboforme

Reaction score
I just picked up a irate 468 kit that was a good deal so I jumped on it. I was wondering has anyone ran one with stock injectors? Just curious. I have studs and a efuel system and a ts chip. I plan running atleast 238/200 with it I just don't have the funds for the injectors right now but my stock turbo is starting to go. Should I hold off on the install until I get the injectors? Main concern is I will be towing a 46' enclosed trailer @ probably around 14k. Thanks oh trucks a 5 speed with 4.10s and the a/r is 1.10

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys! Also anyone have 1.10 a/r and a stick? Kinda wishing it was .9 but maybe with my 4.10s it won't be to laggy

97stoker350

Reaction score
id run the 1.10 first and see how you like it. i doubt youl be disappointed. i have 40s and 3.55 gears with zf5 and it was not bad to spool at all. plus you can control wat rpm you want so id say youd deffinetly be alright with those gears. not to mention that setup likes to chuck rods as it is. ask me how i know

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You had the fuel to get it moving. And aren't towing a 46ft trailer....
I'd wait as well. Even in the hottest setting stock sticks won't have enough fuel to drive that turbo.
Especially with a 1.10.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
You had the fuel to get it moving. And aren't towing a 46ft trailer....
I'd wait as well. Even in the hottest setting stock sticks won't have enough fuel to drive that turbo.
Especially with a 1.10.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Never said to put it on now. He's getting 238/200s so fuel won't be an issue. Have you ever driven a stick truck with this setup? Op wait till you get your injectors and install turbo with the 1.10 and see how you like it. If u want it spoiled quicker then spend the money on a housing but beware this will potentially f your motor quicker

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I ran it with a 1.10 housing and stock sticks in a sd with a 6speed and 3.73s on 35s. I honestly thought it did fairly well for as big of a charger as it was. Made 30 lbs of boost or so and would light up fairly well

97stoker350

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what did it but I run the 1.10 housing. Spooled around 1900. Smaller housing will only make it spool faster therefore most likely shorten the life of your rods. I have a thread showing the carnage

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
I've got a 475 with stock sticks. Haven't towed with it but I have no complaints. I've ran it with php and no limit tunes, have gotten 30 lbs out of it and is pretty smoke free. Only thing is going up I hill you've got to pedal it at the bottom to get it spooled or shut overdrive off. I'm not sure what housing is on it but I can find out.

Short Bus

Reaction score
468 probably would be ok with stock sticks. I've ran a s371 with stock ab's and it was just fine.

a_moore

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys! Also anyone have 1.10 a/r and a stick? Kinda wishing it was .9 but maybe with my 4.10s it won't be to laggy

I ran a 68mm inducer with a stick. 238/100 (1.19A/R) 88/92 turbine wheel

I ran a 70mm ind with auto and stock inj. (1.1A/R)

No problems towing with either.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I'd run it now, just so you don't have to put the truck down for injs and turbo all at once.

Install the 468...sort out boost leaks, oil supply/return, downpipe fitment, intake, etc...

Then just pull your IC piping, the VCs....and do the 238/200 install. Zip everything back up...drive the 25 miles to get the oil out of the HPOP, and enjoy.

200% nozzles and the 468 are a snappy combo for sure :)

I think the comments above about it potentially being laggy are valid ones....don't mean to discount anyones expereince. But I'd get it on now, so his truck doesn't go down hard for two major upgrades at once.

m j

Reaction score
I didnt tow but the 468 did everything the stocker did on stock sticks for daily driving
I would (and did) install it now, and injector next go around

Latest posts

Members online