4EverBoosted1 Elite Built 6.7 Thread

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Your trans has a lot of life left in it. If your not driving it hard, it'll last another year.

I don't quite know how to respond to that. After all the time, effort, and money spent on this build, I should not enjoy it and cross my fingers and hope it lasts another drive? No. I totally disagree at this point in the timeline.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I don't quite know how to respond to that. After all the time, effort, and money spent on this build, I should not enjoy it and cross my fingers and hope it lasts another drive? No. I totally disagree at this point in the timeline.

Your expecting a stock trans to live at your power level?

I can understand expecting life out of a built trans. But asking for ANY type of life out of a truck producing heavy low end torque, higher than factory hp and new tuning is expected to eventually give out. Regardless of how its driven.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Your expecting a stock trans to live at your power level?

I can understand expecting life out of a built trans. But asking for ANY type of life out of a truck producing heavy low end torque, higher than factory hp and new tuning is expected to eventually give out. Regardless of how its driven.

I think you quoted the wrong person. Me and you are on the same page here. I don't expect my stock trans to live for much longer. I just would like my "built" one to come in before I put the truck on a dyno. I won't dyno it with a stock transmission. Period. I drive the truck everyday and it does not take much to slip the trans in lower gears, simply a passing pull at 40mph is enough to feel it slide.

Wayne

Reaction score
One can only hope.... I saw tadd posted in another thread current wait time is 2 wks....

Yep. That's what he said in the best transmission thread.

Maybe if you are on the "Dan Manary" schedule....

I'm gonna be a full year out when May rolls around.
Rumor has it that if you advertise more than 2 weeks out, people won't wait, and they'll buy from somebody else who might have one available sooner despite how awesome your stuff is. Kaleb; I'm sure we all can imagine how upset each of us would be if we paid for something months and months ago for something with a guaranteed ship date of months and months ago. I admire your patience. I know there's no way in this world I would wait that long after a guarantee deadline. I'm hoping for a best case scenario for you whether you get the trans, or your money back. Good luck with it.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I think you quoted the wrong person. Me and you are on the same page here. I don't expect my stock trans to live for much longer. I just would like my "built" one to come in before I put the truck on a dyno. I won't dyno it with a stock transmission. Period. I drive the truck everyday and it does not take much to slip the trans in lower gears, simply a passing pull at 40mph is enough to feel it slide.

Maybe I'm missing your subject of your post along with Colton's response. Reading it, it comes across as if you are upset that the factory trans is not living (slipping etc.) Than read Colton's post, and he is simply stating that the factory trans can last longer if the truck is (lets say babied for lack of a better term)

We have all (most of us modifying our trucks) been down this road with said company before. Sometimes you have to ask if its worth the wait. In the end it may be. And as you know, the quality of that companies products, irregardless of the customer service is hard to beat.

Hopefully you see your trans soon.

Last edited:

Crack85

Reaction score
So when does he draw the line between quality and customer service....they both go hand in hand a little in my eyes.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
So when does he draw the line between quality and customer service....they both go hand in hand a little in my eyes.

Thats for Kaleb to decide, as its not my order nor my company to represent. I was simply stating that said company makes some great parts, and if your willing to wait for them, they are top quality.

Quality of a product in my opinion relates to customer service, but is not the same. You can get an amazing product from someone that never returns phone calls or e-mails can you not?

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing your subject of your post along with Colton's response. Reading it, it comes across as if you are upset that the factory trans is not living (slipping etc.) Than read Colton's post, and he is simply stating that the factory trans can last longer if the truck is (lets say babied for lack of a better term)

We have all (most of us modifying our trucks) been down this road with said company before. Sometimes you have to ask if its worth the wait. In the end it may be. And as you know, the quality of that company irregardless of the customer service is hard to beat.

You missed the subject. Let's see if I can clear this up.

I baby the truck as is, only getting on the pedal on special occasions, events, testing, etc..

I do NOT agree that I should simply sit back and not be able to drive the way I want to because I still utilize a stock transmission while at the same time I am watching trucks that do not even run, receive the exact parts that I ordered a year ago.

I was fine with the wait, I have been patient and understanding, but between the Instagram posts I see of a delivered elite trans, to every single person at Ennis asking me where my transmission is and why some new comer got his first is severely disheartening.

Where do you think the truck is right now? Locked away in storage because I am doing what I am told and taking it easy as to let my stock parts live as long as possible. I'm not out doing burnouts, videoing runs, or doing anything that I'm sure a lot of other people would do.

Crack85

Reaction score
Thats for Kaleb to decide, as its not my order nor my company to represent. I was simply stating that said company makes some great parts, and if your willing to wait for them, they are top quality.

Quality of a product in my opinion relates to customer service, but is not the same. You can get an amazing product from someone that never returns phone calls or e-mails can you not?

Yes u can. I have no idea how much he dropped on his build, I also don't want to speak for him, but a simple "hey this is what we are working on, is why urs hasn't been dealt with" may go a long way. But like u said it's not my place to speak for either parties. I have a couple parts from company in question and for the most part everything has gone smoothly. I to am waiting a Trans....so we'll see what happens here.

Wayne

Reaction score
...said company...

...said company...

...company in question...
LOLLOLLOL
It's almost like I'm back watching one of those harry potter movies with the "he who must not be named" stuff. Shoot, the title of the thread includes the words "Elite Built".
_sayin_that_there_cb7da5cc6791f6cd742ce69a35d7cf5a.jpg

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Sol was badass. Super smooth with a lot of flavor.

Ahh a few deep breaths later and all is well. Trans will be here soon enough. Until then, we wait and do what Morgan says. Sip.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
FYI. As of today Kaleb and I are square money wise, and to be honest he actually owes me money because I haven't received my engine core yet. I have not busted his balls about that at all.

As far a trans purchased from JD, call JD!

JD is not Elite Diesel, repeat NOT ELITE DIESEL.

I'm out!

Last edited by a moderator:

smokinstroker

Reaction score
LOLLOLLOL
It's almost like I'm back watching one of those harry potter movies with the "he who must not be named" stuff. Shoot, the title of the thread includes the words "Elite Built".

lol didn't think about that, just hate throwing other companies names out over and over.

i have no dog in this race, hopefully all works out for both site and Kaleb. Tadd's parts are second to none.

Kaleb can't wait to see it run with a comp trans. maybe some runs with the drone flying above :thumbsup:

Latest posts