4R100 Internal Temp Sensor Wiring?

DcMoore

Reaction score
Is the wiring for the factory temp sensor in the same plug as the solenoid pack on the passenger side? The temp is reading 8155 degrees so I'm thinking something is grounded or open.

Tom S

Reaction score
I believe it is. I also kinda think that the PCM uses that input to adjust shift pressure.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Well it's been shifting fine. It is always out of range... I just put an auto in my truck so I'm still taking care of a few issues... Well mainly this.

DcMoore

Reaction score
And you are right.. Just read that... Also found PCM number 37 is the temp sensor

Last edited:

DcMoore

Reaction score
Thanks Mark! Does my problem sound like a grounded or open wire? .. In order to swap the tranny with out getting a tranny controller I swapped all the wire harnesses in the truck except for the interior.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Codes?

It will throw one if it see's an actual problem. Could be your scanner giving false readings.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Ya somethings not right. I believe if the sensor sees over 270* it locks the converter and goes into limp mode.

I deleted my 6 spd. PCS that thing, dont even bother trying with the factory harness. Trust me, the PCS is far simpler to put in and way more options to control and monitor.

Plus you can shift manually :evil

DcMoore

Reaction score
It was scanned with a snap on solus... I don't think it was wrong.. And diesel boy, I can't really afford an 850 controller right now. That's why I took all the wire harnesses from my parts truck.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Unless your using an IDS, your gonna get false info from time to time.

Again.....any codes or flashing OD light???????

DcMoore

Reaction score
Yes I have a flashing OD light... That's what brought this problem about.. The guy at the tranny shop just showed me the out of range temp. He didn't pull the code...

My scanner kills my truck/also won't start when I hook it up so I can't get the code.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Pcs is 750 out the door. But I hear ya, that was why I tried using the factory wiring, and after horrible shifting and hunting through miles of wire to find it and not. I burned my transmission down, new trans. PCS went in.

I would highly recommend just scraping the factory junk and trying to scrape up the cash for the PCS.

Either way, good luck. Feel free to pm me anytime. If you have an in depth question you can call me.

DcMoore

Reaction score
Well No problems with the tranny temp wire all the way up to the pcm.. I have a friend coming over with a scanner so hopefully it work for me.

DcMoore

Reaction score
P0713 Is the code. Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor CKT High Input... Sooo I'm assuming it's the sensor in the solenoid pack :cursing: But I'm still not sure.. Is there a way to measure resistance on it?

Latest posts

Members online