04 ex w/low hpop pressure

gwunter

Reaction score
Well the saga continues. My screw up with the converter installation(which could have been remedied in 2min if i just checked it from the get go) apparently has had farther reaching ramifications than I knew. I got the pump reinstalled today. Then put the converter on and it would not spin after all engagements were made. So apparently something got bent inside the converter. I pulled the pump assembly back out and mated the 2 on the bench and they would not turn independent of one another, which leads me to blame the TC.

Where would you guys advise purchasing a converter from? Engine should be in the 500hp range but should not see that often.

Will this chaos ever end. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Well the saga continues. My screw up with the converter installation(which could have been remedied in 2min if i just checked it from the get go) apparently has had farther reaching ramifications than I knew. I got the pump reinstalled today. Then put the converter on and it would not spin after all engagements were made. So apparently something got bent inside the converter. I pulled the pump assembly back out and mated the 2 on the bench and they would not turn independent of one another, which leads me to blame the TC.

Where would you guys advise purchasing a converter from? Engine should be in the 500hp range but should not see that often.

Will this chaos ever end. Lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

We use goerend converters. We’re running one in our race truck, and most of our test trucks as well, and haven’t had any problems outside the race truck, but that doesn’t count from a longevity point or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online