4R100 Trans upgrades?

99Stroke

Reaction score
Hi I got a late 99 7.3l and Im planing on installing a 38R turbo with the 2nd gen wheel along with 160cc injectors in the near future but first Im rebuilding my trans and was wondering what else does anyone suggest I should get for my rebuild to help keep it together. So far I got a BTS torque converter, BTS valve body, 6.0l trans cooler, and red eagle clutch packs. I do tow with my truck occasionally but mainly I just use it to drive myself around so ya any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If getting it built by BTS is not plausible for you, I would say you have some very important and good parts on your list already.

bad12jr

Reaction score
That looks like a solid group of parts. Maybe replace the flexplate while your there since the trans will be out. But for that setup being under 400 horse I wouldt think you'd need much else.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

99Stroke

Reaction score
Ya I would just send it in to BTS but they have a 2 month wait last time I checked and I can do it cheaper myself. Any recommendations on what brand of flexplate?

bruce

Reaction score
your trans gonna have a 2 year unlimited mile or power warranty with after 2 years you pay shippin?

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
Your in Vermont and we are in ct if we could help you out. You don't need a flexplate with that amount of power imo.

Lang

Reaction score
Ya I would just send it in to BTS but they have a 2 month wait last time I checked and I can do it cheaper myself. Any recommendations on what brand of flexplate?

Do what cheaper?

Lang

Reaction score
I thought he had parts that nobody can purchase? This correct?

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Lol... The guy asks for advice on a parts list so he could rebuild his own transmission.... Yet of the 8 people who replied half just said send it to BTS.

OP... Sounds like you have a pretty good list started. Already got a few of the big parts I would be concerned about in a rebuild...

99Stroke

Reaction score
Ya I know it wont be anywhere near as built as a BTS trans but I cant be without a truck for a cpl weeks and right now I have around 2500 into parts and I have a trans shop near by me that I just worked out a deal with them by swapping labor on rebuilding my trans in return of me building them a cpl big steel shelves and a dock platform for the shop owners house. So I can either spend over 4 for a BTS trans or spend 2500ish and still have it hold up for what I use my truck for.

99Stroke

Reaction score
Well what Id like to know is there anything else I should look into upgrading while its all apart?

range91

Reaction score
Cut the center support and put a snap ring under it. Also get rid of the 34 element intermediate sprag and get the 45.. There are some other ins and outs of mods when I build them but this stuff should make it hold for a while.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
cut both sides of the center support and put a snap ring on both sides, shim under the center support feed bolt, Machine pressure plates for added clutches etc lots of stuff that can be done.

Latest posts

Members online