4x4 van conversion

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Slowly. Got the 4 link arms back for a test fit before final welding. Too damn hot to work on it outside.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Yes it is! And now I'm working 7 days a week..... Gonna get cracking on it soon! Hopefully get in line for a bts as that would give me a deadline to get it down there...
Talked to Patrick at swamps to get my injectors turned into 400/400's today. Gotta send those out.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Last edited:

rpm-inc

Reaction score
I don't have one to loan, but I think this may work: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tapered-Ball-Joint-Reamers-7-Degree,2918.html

One of these days when I need to rebuild my front end I'll probably need one too.

A little cheaper:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-1-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb6b8ac7d

Yep, I have seen all those. If I knew for sure it is what I need, I would buy it! I am on my second pitman arm with the reamer I have. Will probably have to buy another one. The supposed 1.5 reamer I have is too tight on the bottom and too loose on the top.

cowboy_dan

Reaction score
Yep, I have seen all those. If I knew for sure it is what I need, I would buy it! I am on my second pitman arm with the reamer I have. Will probably have to buy another one. The supposed 1.5 reamer I have is too tight on the bottom and too loose on the top.

Wow, so many comments could be made from that one...

but I shall refrain.

In all seriousness, have you measured the tierod end and the pitman arm it's supposed to fit to see what sizes they are? The best idea I've heard of is pouring wax in the pitman arm hole and let it cool, then pop it out and measure with calipers. You can do this with the original to see what it's supposed to be, and the one you reamed to see what your reamer is actually making.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Any updates.

Went to update this and saw your post. So here you go....

Pretty discouraged with lack of progress and lack of time to do anything about it. I picked up another rolling chassis. I am going to get this thing together 2wd, possibly with lowered beams in the front and drop shackles in the rear. I need it moving before the snow flies and it is going to be close. I need bolt on stuff!!!!

I'll drive it down to bts on a stock trans and get it built. Then I have all the time I need to work on the original rolling chassis that has the conversion started. But honestly, I am thinking about getting a 05+ 2wd gas truck for cheap, converting it to 4wd with the parts I have, and putting a 12v in it.....

Latest posts

Members online