5 inch duals?

3brorce

Reaction score
I dont think I would ever put duals on a diesel unless I had two turbo outlets haha.

travisH3

Reaction score
I dont think I would ever put duals on a diesel unless I had two turbo outlets haha.

to each their own. personally i think duals on a dually look awesome. srw it looks okay. i just dont think i could put duals on my truck because i have OCD when it comes to exhaust. if they dont exit the same angle then i would lose my mind. same thing with peoples stacks. if your gonna cut a hole in your bed to route your exhaust, atleast mount the stack straight

Stroked777

Reaction score
i was wondering too if you could just buy the y pip and the other stuff to make and existing kit into duals, i would like to run duals, never had a truck with them and i like my truck loud lol

CAT35niner

Reaction score
i was wondering too if you could just buy the y pip and the other stuff to make and existing kit into duals, i would like to run duals, never had a truck with them and i like my truck loud lol

I did mine last weekend. I bought a y pipe off another site and made it work. I didn't want tailpipes cause I like not seeing the exhaust. So axle dumps were the best for me. 5 inch to 6" tips.

yzuge4as.jpg
4etapyru.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stroked777

Reaction score
I did mine last weekend. I bought a y pipe off another site and made it work. I didn't want tailpipes cause I like not seeing the exhaust. So axle dumps were the best for me. 5 inch to 6" tips.

yzuge4as.jpg
4etapyru.jpg

I like the way that look. Don't know what it would look like on a stock hieight truck though, but I personally like the look of seeing the exhaust. I like the way the flo pro kit was because it didn't come out at a 45 degree angel. More like a 30 which looks better imo

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Where did you get those tips? Looks great!

Thanks bud. They're carbon fiber. Shoot me a pm. He's not a sponsor on here and I don't wanna get the mod squad on me for putting a outside dealer up in a thread.

I like the way that look. Don't know what it would look like on a stock hieight truck though, but I personally like the look of seeing the exhaust. I like the way the flo pro kit was because it didn't come out at a 45 degree angel. More like a 30 which looks better imo

On a stock height truck it would be close. I have about 6" between the axle and pipes. I could've easily made these into tailpipe exits. One good thing about making your own kit lol.

Stroked777

Reaction score
Thanks bud. They're carbon fiber. Shoot me a pm. He's not a sponsor on here and I don't wanna get the mod squad on me for putting a outside dealer up in a thread.

On a stock height truck it would be close. I have about 6" between the axle and pipes. I could've easily made these into tailpipe exits. One good thing about making your own kit lol.

I remember me and my gf talking to you at stumps, you had the stack at the time lol. I do like this set up though, I gotta do something soon, I get bored of exhausts lol. I might put my stack on again

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I remember me and my gf talking to you at stumps, you had the stack at the time lol. I do like this set up though, I gotta do something soon, I get bored of exhausts lol. I might put my stack on again

Lolol I have the same issue with exhaust. Pretty much why I built these. I kept the stack and bed cover tho. Just in case.

^^ yeah looks pretty unique.

Could you take a shot from a little further behind?
to show what it looks like from behind

I will get some better pics tomorrow. Been pretty busy today. To late now. I'll try to get the y-pipe setup too.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
^^ yeah looks pretty unique.

Could you take a shot from a little further behind?
to show what it looks like from behind

I couldn't get a good shot from behind because they aren't visible in the pics cause they're black inside already. But you can see about 3" of the bottom of the tip if that makes any sense. I wanted them up as high as possible. Didn't wanna see the entire exhaust hanging down.

Here are some pics of the y-pipe and clearance on the fuel tank.
2usapa3u.jpg
agy9ehyn.jpg
a8usa5as.jpg
he6ytaha.jpg
yse6ybe6.jpg

AllanB

Reaction score
As far as sound I didn't find it a big difference from 4". But I do like the looks of the duals. it is a little difference in sound, but not a lot. JMO

Stroked777

Reaction score
As far as sound I didn't find it a big difference from 4". But I do like the looks of the duals. it is a little difference in sound, but not a lot. JMO

So you have the dual kit from them? Did you but it as a dual kit or buy the parts to make it one?

AllanB

Reaction score
IIRC I bought it as a kit. Been a few years ago. I ended up doing a little altering under my truck because it was lowered, and had a time trying to pass the catback across the axle. But did make it work. I do have a 4" down pipe also. I don't really like loud trucks at all. But I thought the 5" would pick the sound up a lot more than it did. I hear it has something to do with the compound turbos is why the 6.4 is so quite at the exhaust. But not sure. I just know I would have like to have heard a little more than what I do hear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.