5r110 06 f350 please help!

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
I scanned with my tuner and got these codes... my truck has been punching into fourth and back to third then into fourth a couple times but seriously slamming in. It is now doing it with 5th if I make it there and taking forever to lock into reverse. Once it slams into 4th if I cleared the codes the check engine light comes on and the tow light starts flashing. Once this happens it will not shift into 5th and sometimes when I come to a stop it stays in fourth. I can put the truck in park, turn it off and back on and the tow light is off until I get to fourth gear and it punches in and out of gear again then the light comes back on and truck pretty much stays in 4th. If it goes back to first gear at a stop light with the tow/haul light flashing it will shift smoothly into gears 1-4 but won't go to 5th. My transmission is upgraded to stage 2, not sure if that matters. Also, my pyrometer seems to be reading higher now... Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

0741 torque converter, clutch solenoid circuit

0046 turbo boost control A circuit

0236 turbo boost sensor A Circuit

2262 turbo boost pressure not detected mechanical

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Innovative. Was running the street and race tunes. I put it back to stock and it still happened... I also have the extreme x tune

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the KAM and running it stock? To clear KAM either unplug the PCM or remove both negative battery cables.
I just cleared the codes and returned it to stock tune... I'll try this. Thanks. Do I have to leave them disconnected for a certain amount of time?

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Have you tried clearing the KAM and running it stock? To clear KAM either unplug the PCM or remove both negative battery cables.
So I cleared the KAM this morning and didn't work... I don't understand why it shifts like that and then when the tow/haul light is flashing it shifts all the way to fourth sooo clean!

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
I took it to a shop today and they told me what I figured... I got a code 0766 today and they got 2703... I guess I'll try to replace the solenoids?

strokin20

Reaction score
Been in this situation before. Once you get debris in the solenoids, it is pretty much guaranteed that the clutches are done. Haha don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I'd be money if you replace the solenoids, the new ones will be just the same in a short amount of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Irontx

Reaction score
Hey now, cool your jets there! I'm thinking happy thoughts! I'm gonna pull the pan next week to replace the solenoids and we will see...

Haha...... sorry man.... just been there.... solenoids hate clutch material..... I hope that's not the case for you man.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Been in this situation before. Once you get debris in the solenoids, it is pretty much guaranteed that the clutches are done. Haha don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I'd be money if you replace the solenoids, the new ones will be just the same in a short amount of time.

I have a modified direct clutch solenoid and some new filters on the way from EDP. This WILL fix my problem! lol<br/>

TequestaStroker

Reaction score

Thanks Debbie!!! Getting that bitch replaced starting tomorrow after replacing the solenoid, fluid and filters today with no change...

TequestaStroker

Reaction score

It looks to me like the clutches are gone...
2986fab8033b764942ecd7135378cc53.jpg

strokin20

Reaction score
lol ask me how i know and how many times i've been through it. and it would probably be in your best interest to replace your cooler as well because its damn near impossible to get all the debris from the clutches out of it. lol once again, speaking from experience. sorry for your bad luck though.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
lol ask me how i know and how many times i've been through it. and it would probably be in your best interest to replace your cooler as well because its damn near impossible to get all the debris from the clutches out of it. lol once again, speaking from experience. sorry for your bad luck though.

It sucks, but I've been learning a lot from reading so much, lol... Thanks for the advice! You know of a good place to get a cooler?

carcare

Reaction score
Scan abs system. Scan transmission for codes. I have seen wheel speed sensors do this as well. Flush trans w flush machine and install FORD friction modifier. Solenoids do not get screwed up because of clutches being worn. It just doesn't happen. Ya it's a little dark in the pan. Solenoids can do what you are describing but usually a code and/or you can watch live data stream and see when shifts commanded vs when shifts happen. If u don't want to listen that's fine. If u want to fix the truck there's a rite way and then there's "throwing parts". Sounds like u need to go to another shop or get a more in depth scanner. Can codes or eng codes don't even tell 1/8th of the story. Good luck

Latest posts

Members online