5r110 06 f350 please help!

carcare

Reaction score
Pan doesn't look good but I have seen worse drive fine. There's a magnet from ford in ther for a reason. Definitely on borrowed time however u can make it last a little longer if u do the flush/modifier. Maybe the solenoids pack bad, maybe not. The solenoids didn't make that grayish metal tho. If all else fails. Disconnect both batteries, then loop the main battery by holding pos. and negative cables together for a minute. MAKE sure both batteries are disconnected if u try this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
I just dropped it off at a different shop this morning. I'll see what they say. I disconnected the batteries for a while, but I forgot to touch the pos and negative together! Thanks for the info.

sootie

Reaction score
Scan abs system. Scan transmission for codes. I have seen wheel speed sensors do this as well. Flush trans w flush machine and install FORD friction modifier. Solenoids do not get screwed up because of clutches being worn. It just doesn't happen. Ya it's a little dark in the pan. Solenoids can do what you are describing but usually a code and/or you can watch live data stream and see when shifts commanded vs when shifts happen. If u don't want to listen that's fine. If u want to fix the truck there's a rite way and then there's "throwing parts". Sounds like u need to go to another shop or get a more in depth scanner. Can codes or eng codes don't even tell 1/8th of the story. Good luck

Pan doesn't look good but I have seen worse drive fine. There's a magnet from ford in ther for a reason. Definitely on borrowed time however u can make it last a little longer if u do the flush/modifier. Maybe the solenoids pack bad, maybe not. The solenoids didn't make that grayish metal tho. If all else fails. Disconnect both batteries, then loop the main battery by holding pos. and negative cables together for a minute. MAKE sure both batteries are disconnected if u try this.

Can i have some of what you're on????

the trans is shot-a good portion of the clutches are sitting in the pan. And yes-low tolerance solenoids do not like that sh!t running thru them

TequestaStroker

Reaction score

the trans is shot-a good portion of the clutches are sitting in the pan. And yes-low tolerance solenoids do not like that sh!t running thru them
Hahaha, well that makes me feel a little less dumb.

strokin20

Reaction score

Um, yea, its not the solenoids being bad that make the material in the pan dude. It's all the clutch material in the pan that makes the solenoids.

And TequestaStroker, I don't have a good source for the cooler, but from what I've seen, I'd definitely give Sunrise Ford a shout. I'm pretty sure he's a sponsor on here and gives great deals.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score

That is not anywhere near a large portion of the clutches. I see pans that look that bad on a weekly basis and normally the trans shifts just fine and we send it back out the door. Yes, the trans is hurt but its still got a ways to go imo.

sootie

Reaction score
That is not anywhere near a large portion of the clutches. I see pans that look that bad on a weekly basis and normally the trans shifts just fine and we send it back out the door. Yes, the trans is hurt but its still got a ways to go imo.

so is your point that the trans isnt hurt?

his truck drives like sh!t and throws codes. just because "all" the clutches arent in the pan doesn't mean it will last a day, week or month.

maybe I'm a little different than most but why postpone the inevitable.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
so is your point that the trans isnt hurt?

his truck drives like sh!t and throws codes. just because "all" the clutches arent in the pan doesn't mean it will last a day, week or month.

maybe I'm a little different than most but why postpone the inevitable.
Thats true. It is hurt no doubt, a build wouldn't be a waste of money at all. I just think it could also last quite awhile if needed.

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Um, yea, its not the solenoids being bad that make the material in the pan dude. It's all the clutch material in the pan that makes the solenoids.

And TequestaStroker, I don't have a good source for the cooler, but from what I've seen, I'd definitely give Sunrise Ford a shout. I'm pretty sure he's a sponsor on here and gives great deals.

Thanks

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Guys were trying to change the direct drive solenoid that I just replaced yesterday just because it was throwing the code... Test the damn solenoid! Add o frustrating... I should've done it myself... If I had the time I would've

florida 6.0

Reaction score
Had mine rebuilt . 6 months later it had harsh 3-5 shift and the pan looked just like yours . The direct clutches and steels are smoked and the builder is blaming it on the "modded" direct solenoid I had them install . Use your own discretion but the more people are using those solenoids the more I am reading they are linked to NEW trans failures . I am not knocking any one or any shop but after consulting a 5R110 authority and talking to a few trans builders mines not going back in . Its a band aid at best but not a solution to the problem .

sootie

Reaction score
:whs: any good builder that knows the 5R110, can do some internal mods and couple that with good gearhead tuning and there will never be a need for a modded solenoid

TequestaStroker

Reaction score
Had mine rebuilt . 6 months later it had harsh 3-5 shift and the pan looked just like yours . The direct clutches and steels are smoked and the builder is blaming it on the "modded" direct solenoid I had them install . Use your own discretion but the more people are using those solenoids the more I am reading they are linked to NEW trans failures . I am not knocking any one or any shop but after consulting a 5R110 authority and talking to a few trans builders mines not going back in . Its a band aid at best but not a solution to the problem .

:whs: any good builder that knows the 5R110, can do some internal mods and couple that with good gearhead tuning and there will never be a need for a modded solenoid

ok, I guess I just wasted $120... That's not fun!

Latest posts

Members online