5r110 out 4r100 in

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I assume Brian wouldnt ship out a trans without a PI converter.

I was told he'd sell it that way, but no warranty. Guess if you want that "I'll take care of you" handshake you buy the package deal.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
You can use the modular motor 4r cases because the 6.4 and 6.0 use a SBF bolt pattern. The 7.3 uses a BBF bolt pattern
The 6.0L and 6.4L use the Ford modular engine bolt pattern. That's different than the old small block bolt pattern.

The 7.3L uses the 7.3L pattern. That's different than the big block Ford pattern.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
The 6.0L and 6.4L use the Ford modular engine bolt pattern. That's different than the old small block bolt pattern.

The 7.3L uses the 7.3L pattern. That's different than the big block Ford pattern.

Thanks for the clarification. It was explained to me by several, differently

On edit- now that I think of it, if the 6.4 uses the modular pattern(which as I undersand it to be a modified SBF pattern) then why is it not a direct bolt up? Not saying You are wrong, im just curious here....

Last edited:

Marty

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the top two bolts don't matter.

The modular case is stronger then the 7.3 case and there are still the same number of bolts holding it to the 6.4 as the 7.3. Albeit smaller, but still the same # nonetheless.

I've had trucks in here missing 2 or 3 of their 6 bolts on a 7.3.... hundreds of thousands of miles. Not 1,000 rwhp trucks, but still. Hell mine had 1 missing for the longest time.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the top two bolts don't matter.

The modular case is stronger then the 7.3 case and there are still the same number of bolts holding it to the 6.4 as the 7.3. Albeit smaller, but still the same # nonetheless.

I've had trucks in here missing 2 or 3 of their 6 bolts on a 7.3.... hundreds of thousands of miles. Not 1,000 rwhp trucks, but still. Hell mine had 1 missing for the longest time.

I always knew you had a few screws loose.

RedLine

Reaction score
Any update? How well has the 4r been holding up to this point? If there is a new thread that I do not know about I apologize and would like a link. Thanks!

OneStockQuik6.0

Reaction score
Any update? How well has the 4r been holding up to this point? If there is a new thread that I do not know about I apologize and would like a link. Thanks!

Well it seems to be holding up very good,He's been to the track alot lately with no tranny issues...

Latest posts

Members online