5r110 parts swap

rjustman

Reaction score
Where's twisted out of?what's price on a,build with no billet..after this build I'm poor folk lol

rjustman

Reaction score
Wow..lots cheaper than almost anyone..they must have a higher passion for the sport instead of the money.

swinky

Reaction score
Wow..lots cheaper than almost anyone..they must have a higher passion for the sport instead of the money.
A stage one will handle some abuse with great tuning. Not sure warranty will be valid with a stage 1 behind a compound turbo Cummings though.

sootie

Reaction score
i have gone through a couple transmissions now with varying stages of "builtedness". (i just made that word up)

never again will i buy anything less than the best a company offers. trust me-its cheaper in the long run.

rjustman

Reaction score
I'd need custom tunes for it to act right behind,the cummins..I have a brand new suncoast triple triple disc would they warranty with my converter you think?

sootie

Reaction score
I'd need custom tunes for it to act right behind,the cummins..I have a brand new suncoast triple triple disc would they warranty with my converter you think?

oops-i forgot about the cummins part. i dont have any personal experience with swaps like that so i have no advice for you.

swinky

Reaction score
dont think a rebuild without billet will hold?

Well that's all relative to the driver. A bone stock transmission will hold up to 500-550hp for a suprisingly long time as long as it's not totally ragged out and is tuned properly.

rjustman

Reaction score
Ok..I'm pretty conservative ..I like to mash the throttle and have fun from time to time but it'll never be a competition truck..they don't do those fun activities out here in az

swinky

Reaction score
Ok..I'm pretty conservative ..I like to mash the throttle and have fun from time to time but it'll never be a competition truck..they don't do those fun activities out here in az

You just need to make some phone calls. Warranty gets tricky.

equalizier

Reaction score
Convertors are different pattern. Other than that it will bolt right up and plug in.

It's a decent little up grade for the stock 6.0 trans.The 6.4 tq converter is a little beefier I have done plenty of 6.4 tq converters and fly wheels in a 6.0 trans.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
:postwhore2::postwhore2::postwhore2::postwhore:postwhore2:Since you're on the subject,is it possible to put a 5r100 to a 7.3? I've heard a lot of people advertising 7.3 with 5 speed auto.

equalizier

Reaction score
Why would it have vibration issues.The 6.4 don't have vibration issues so why would the 6.4.But to answer your question no I have not ever had vibration issues.

sootie

Reaction score
Why would it have vibration issues.The 6.4 don't have vibration issues so why would the 6.4.But to answer your question no I have not ever had vibration issues.

the flex plates are balanced differently. perhaps the "plenty" of swaps you have done don't have many miles on them yet? it's a known fact...

Latest posts

Members online