5r110 Transmission Problem

Mdub707

Reaction score
Getting it in the right spot isn't really crucial, it's adjustable on the outside on the cable. That plastic piece that clips on the ball can move in and out, just get it close and adjust it there.

dieselpower

Reaction score
I tried adjusting the plastic thing on the outside to no avail. It will start when the lever is in reverse, so it must be in park or neutral at that point I guess. But roll pin is in and can't get it out to readjust it. I figured you could adjust it on the outside, but I guess there is not enough movement.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

dieselpower

Reaction score
OK this is really starting to p!ss me off. Everything is back together, and it won't start. However, it will crank with it in reverse(the lever in reverse, idk if trans is). In the two pics below, you can see where everything is positioned, and that is where it is trying to start. Why?

IMG_20130608_103405_343_zps7a6c84a9.jpg

IMG_20130608_103312_323_zps262b23ac.jpg

As of right now, it would be my pleasure to blow the whole setup clear to hell n back. Working for hours and never getting anywhere pisses me off LOL

Edit: I realize its adjustable on outside, but that doesn't change anything. You can see by the rooster comb that it is in reverse, and that's where its trying to start, regardless of where cab lever is.

Last edited:

CLT2005

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this out? I just installed a new epc valve, and now I can't get it to crank...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.