5R110 Whoops.

6leakertweeker

Reaction score
My trans has been giving me issues so i took it to the stealership to get it diagnosed. They found the forward drive hub and direct drive hub welded together. Somehow it occasionally still pulled itself until it got warm.

92k miles and few performance mods. :hammer: What happened to " good to 550hp"? Haha!.

Got quoted $6k to rebuild or $3500 for a remain unless my warranty covered it. I can't wait to go see what the parts look like. : )

chappy

Reaction score
I bought a remanned ford trans for $850 with 15k on it before the truck was totaled. Been a great trans so it might not hurt to look around if you don't have the money. I found it on car-parts.com . Some are way over priced and some like mine were really resonable. FYI if you do go used shoot for a 08 up trans. They have a better planetary for the overdrive. Drops right in because thats what my truck had in it when I bought it off dustball.

Last edited:

DocBar

Reaction score
Ditch the 5R100 and put a BTS 4R100 in it. Well worth the wait and you can't beat the warranty.

DocBar

Reaction score
If the OP was making great power in a 6.4 then I'd say yes but the 5R110 TCM in the 6.0 trucks is much better and has been already proven.
I'm just giving options. Does anyone building the 5R100 offer a warranty anywhere near what BTS offers?

Latest posts

Members online