5r110w stage 3 PROBLEMS

6fostroker

Reaction score
I finally installed my twisted diesel stage 3 transmission. Everything went well but I have a problem. When I go to shift into reverse the truck bucked and spun the tires. I threw it back in park and wasn't sure what was going on. So I decided to put it in drive and the truck bucked then shut off. I have no idea why it would be doing this. I need some advice on what I should do

6fostroker

Reaction score
Have any ideas how to fix that? It came preset at the right depth and was installed correctly

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
return it to stock and then retune it. See if that yields you anything, otherwise i would get a hold of the trans builder and discuss it with them

6fostroker

Reaction score
Still no go. Returned truck to stock still have the same problem. I need help guys

6fostroker

Reaction score
Is there any way I can get to make sure the converter is correctly in place? I installed it with a gap and everything was put in exactly how I received it

sootie

Reaction score
Easiest would be to replace the solenoid. If that doesn't help-the convertor is fricked

Wizbangdoodle

Reaction score
It's a little late, but there is a depth measurement of TC to the mounting surface of the bellhousing. I always place a straight edge across the bellhousing to check this. Of course, if this was mounted wrong, you'd probably hear some bad noises.

I'd have to agree with what's been said above, TC or solenoid is defective. What TC are you running?

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Did you put the studs in the converter before or after you installed the tranny.

6fostroker

Reaction score
Yes the depth was correct prior to install. There is an odd noise coming from bell housing. And the bolts go from the flexplate to the converter so obviously I put them in after the install. It's also a triple disc billet converter from twisted diesels

6fostroker

Reaction score
The converter is a triple disc billet converter from twisted diesels. And not I didn't install the bolts first obviously because the bolts go through the the flexplate into the converter. I unhooked my rear drive shaft to see if my rear wheels were the problem only because it's been sitting for 2 months and it shifted into drive just fine and move my rear where the drive shaft bolts up too. The torque converter was still making an odd noise tho. Not sure what's up with it. I'm trying to get advice of what to do before I pull the trans again to make sure everything is right.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Yes the depth was correct prior to install. There is an odd noise coming from bell housing. And the bolts go from the flexplate to the converter so obviously I put them in after the install. It's also a triple disc billet converter from twisted diesels

I wasn't sure if your converter used studs and nuts or bolts. So you were able to spin converter freely with the trans installed?

Latest posts

Members online