5th wheel with a lift???

Awaugh

Reaction score
I hope this hasnt been covered a thousand times but was thinkin about buyin a rv. The question I have is can it be towed with my2012 psd with a 6 inch lift and 37 toyos??? Will it cause height problems??? Wifey really wants this rv and I dont wanna buy a truk jus for a tow pig. Thanxs everyone

Twan

Reaction score
What type of 5th wheel?
I have a 2013 cyclone, I'm guess your truck will be about 5" taller, I could lower my hitch 3" and just watch the bed rails closer. You might have to lift your 5th a little.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Bumper pull is the best way to to get around that.

Some fifth wheels willl fit but most will require a lift of some sort to help clear the bed rails.

Awaugh

Reaction score
Yea bumper pull would be great but I found a smokin deal on a used 5thwheel. And as what type of 5th wheel im not sure whatcha mean??

tbsimmons

Reaction score
You will be fine depending on the fiver you get. Either way you will have to watch the bed rails. My 04 F350 was a 6" with 35's and I had room to spare.
The best would be get a tag trailer and not worry about it.
The fivers to get would be toy haulers. They come a little higher and adjustable.
I have an 09 Cyclone, it came tall stock with extra holes in the hangers to raise it even more.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Not necessarily if he has the 250 it might squat enough to counter the lift.... just a thought my 250 squatted like a little girl.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Pilgrims dont weigh enough. My old fiver (Jazz) which is about the same weight wise as a Pilgrim didnt squat my SRW (F350 though) to even get it on the overloads when it was stock height.
I had a 6" lift and the trailer barely fit, actually needed to be lifted a couple of inches. Squated the truck maybe 1.5".

Sprman

Reaction score
5.5" on 36's and it tows fine. I ended up with about 2" lift on the trailer. It's really easy to do. Think i'm going to redo it and add a few inches to level out the trailer.

photo.jpg

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The only problem I see is bed clearance looks close to me more so if you have a hitch that tilts side to side also. Be careful.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Sprman

Reaction score
The only problem I see is bed clearance looks close to me more so if you have a hitch that tilts side to side also. Be careful.

Sent from the bat phone near a drilling rig.

Got plenty of clearance on mine. I run a B&W hitch and the sides don't come close to touching. Been across the US an back with it and no problems. :toast:

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Good for you!! Looks to be far back too, do you pull it with it back like that, if so that might be the reason why.
I have more clearance than you and have kissed more than once.
All depends on terrain I guess.

Sprman

Reaction score
Good for you!! Looks to be far back too, do you pull it with it back like that, if so that might be the reason why.
I have more clearance than you and have kissed more than once.
All depends on terrain I guess.

Must be the way the truck is at a little angle compared to the trailer. It does sit a little farther back than normal, but not as far as the picture looks. With the B&W companion hitch you can move the hitch point forward, back, up or down by swapping out the side plates to different locations. I have it as far up and back as it can go since i have the short bed. I've came close a few times pullling into gas stations or entrance roads, but so far they haven't meet each other yet.

alradco

Reaction score
I pull a 38ft toyhauler. Has flipped axles and a 8" lift. I think I could have got away with going to a taller tire and not flip the axles but hind sight is.... It's not a big deal at all.

Anyway. You need to take a few measurements. How high are you bed rails and how high is it to the front of the trailer with it sitting level?

BTW, pic of mine attached.

Peter

Attachments

• 598484_4194232690604_2008850642_n.jpg
    598484_4194232690604_2008850642_n.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Members online